Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

All sound no ground

Cam20

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Haven't had a Commodore since my 2001 SS, and today test drove a 2007 VE Calais - nice clean one, low k's for it's age. But, I'm unfamiliar with the VE V6 engine characteristics. Wondering if anyone can confirm if this is normal: cruising at HWY speed, when planting my right foot, it kicked back nice and smooth, and the engine revs instantly shot us (as expected) nice note from the exhaust, but no instant rush in acceleration. It was like it needed to spool up a bit. After the short delay, there was nice strong and consistent acceleration. Might be normal, but just felt odd to me for a naturally aspirated donk.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
so you are comparing an LS1 to an alloytec

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Haven't had a Commodore since my 2001 SS, and today test drove a 2007 VE Calais - nice clean one, low k's for it's age. But, I'm unfamiliar with the VE V6 engine characteristics. Wondering if anyone can confirm if this is normal: cruising at HWY speed, when planting my right foot, it kicked back nice and smooth, and the engine revs instantly shot us (as expected) nice note from the exhaust, but no instant rush in acceleration. It was like it needed to spool up a bit. After the short delay, there was nice strong and consistent acceleration. Might be normal, but just felt odd to me for a naturally aspirated donk.
What's the tranny, 4, 5, 6 spd auto?

Cam20

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
so you are comparing an LS1 to an alloytec
No, not comparing at all, didn't mean to confuse my question with the reference to my last Commodore (the 200 SS), I was just trying to illustrate that I'm unfamiliar with the VE V6 - trying to find out if my brief experience with it is normal for that donk.