Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Alloytec 190 fuel economy.

Russitms

Reaction score
Members Ride
none yet
I recently got a great WL statesman in great condition at a really good price. After doing some research i decided to get a V6 for the fuel economy and this statesman was perfect. Before the statesman i always drove European cars so i stuck to using Shell V power 98 with my new toy.

Just today i was talking to a customer at work and when i mentioned that in traffic with plenty of stops and starts it averaged 7.9L per 100km he couldn't believe it. He tried to convince me something was wrong or my computer wasnt reading properly.

I always drive with power shift on, traction off and im no hoon. The math works out it is using about 7.9L but even all my mates with alloytecs tell me they average 9.2 to 11L per 100km :-S

Anyone else out there use 98 octane with good results like me? Had i known it was this good on fuel i would of got the V8.

For those curious out on the free way traveling 110kmph it uses around 6L per 100km

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
7.9 is Very good for city driving, but that's if you call Adelaide a city!
Just to give you a comparison, I live in Sydney and drive to work on one of the major 'Motorways'. Total distance is about 22k's and it takes me 50 minutes.
Enjoy your magical statesman!!