Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec and SIDI Cam Development

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
If I lived closer I'd be in for this for sure!!

Hell yes, picked up an MY08 ex cop car on Monday - i'm letting the missus think its hers haha. Shes a bit worried about fuel consumption after trading in her 06 Barina puddle jumper so the VE might be recieving some attention "just to make it more fuel efficient dear" best part i'm keen on improving this car but only ever wanted to open the bonnet of the Barina to jump start 34G when needed

I already been eyeing it up for a cage and a new Production Saloon but i'll wait a couple of years till the price falls out of them i think the way i bend/break stuff versus fellow competitors & the wall.

I have seen duration numbers thrown out but what about lift? My class rules call for stock lift but grinds are free.
If you are starting with new genuine cams to put your grinds on how does this affect lifter preload and geometry as you have to take material off the base circle when grinding the lobes or are you onto factory blanks?

MACE

Reaction score
If I wasn't on my P's still I would love to be one of those lined up..
Im on my P's but Im gonna get it done lol
Fortunately it's not a mod that can be scene, maybe heard though :p

If I lived closer I'd be in for this for sure!!
These other installs that I’m referring to are taking place in QLD, NSW so distance isn’t a huge issue for us :)

Hell yes, picked up an MY08 ex cop car on Monday - i'm letting the missus think its hers haha. Shes a bit worried about fuel consumption after trading in her 06 Barina puddle jumper so the VE might be recieving some attention "just to make it more fuel efficient dear" best part i'm keen on improving this car but only ever wanted to open the bonnet of the Barina to jump start 34G when needed
I already been eyeing it up for a cage and a new Production Saloon but i'll wait a couple of years till the price falls out of them i think the way i bend/break stuff versus fellow competitors & the wall.
I have seen duration numbers thrown out but what about lift? My class rules call for stock lift but grinds are free.
If you are starting with new genuine cams to put your grinds on how does this affect lifter preload and geometry as you have to take material off the base circle when grinding the lobes or are you onto factory blanks?
Ah nice congrats :D

My advice for your miss’s car is to make sure to religiously change oil and filter at 5k intervals

It will be a few years yet till they grain traction in speedway, but we’ll likely be working with a serious speedway racer for his alloytec engine build in the not to distance future.

Grinds are limited at the moment to really only one grind type but that will change down the track. The lift of the cam at the moment is greater than stock so it wouldn’t be suitable for your class. However this will likely change down the track

Lifter crush has been taken into account while maintaining good rocker geometry, with the appropriate lifter shims as supplied in the kit

Goodwork Mace, can't wait to see what figures Mick is going to show.
Same :D

OMEGA07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF COMMODORE SSV REDLINE
sounds amazing guys cannot wait!! ;)

wildfireSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden MY10 SiDi Sv6 Ute
me three I cannot wait either! its awesome to drive but i'm itching to see some results on paper. :)
proving to be well worth the effort though.

OMEGA07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF COMMODORE SSV REDLINE
me three I cannot wait either! its awesome to drive but i'm itching to see some results on paper. :)
proving to be well worth the effort though.

sometimes results on paper do very little justice even if it's awesome to drive! but by the sounds of it these could be a winner ;) if you need any help in Sydney id be happy to help but I'm sure those offers are coming in thick and fast!!

wildfireSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden MY10 SiDi Sv6 Ute
sometimes results on paper do very little justice even if it's awesome to drive! but by the sounds of it these could be a winner ;) if you need any help in Sydney id be happy to help but I'm sure those offers are coming in thick and fast!!

yea not wrong there, on paper isnt always everything, but its good to have.
driving it really does say everything, im really lucky to be able to be the only one at the moment