Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec and SIDI Cam Development

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
1200 I think it was and 1700 with the tune. I'm not getting the tune because getting it on a dyno.

Will be good too see what they can produce as in for the $

1700 with a tune seems ok. Obviously there is fitting cost depending on who you go to.

Dannybrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Will be good too see what they can produce as in for the $

1700 with a tune seems ok. Obviously there is fitting cost depending on who you go to.

Engine was getting rebuilt so no real extra charge. But yes could imagine it would cost a lot to just get it fitted.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
If you don't mind spilling whats a rebuild worth. Mine has 210,000 k's and would rebuild before throwing anything at it. LOL.

Dannybrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
The engine should be going in right now so hope to have it today or tomorrow. :D

The rebuild is costing over 8000 Thousand :( :( :(
Although lots of work has gone into cleaning it up and lots of new parts. Should be as good as new, sure looks new!

Dannybrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Um gee forget what we kept stock, I'm not sure on the pistons and conrods. But i hope to get it today, they had bit of problems fitting the pacemakers, something didn't fit right. :s
Once I have it back I'll look over everything and fill you in :)

Last edited:

Dannybrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Thinking about a nos set up just for something different. Thoughts?

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Haha nos sounds sweet. When you get the car back let us know what aftermarket parts went in, would be great to see the results. Oh, and maybe make a different thread lol, you have hijacked the mace cam thread hahaha

Last edited:

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
You can get about 40rwkws with a dry setup literally plug and play. What I mean is that at 40kw you wouldn't have to retard your ignition(if it is stock, but if it were tuned by MACE already you would have to retard it further to start off with). But at 55kw you would have to retard you ignition by 2 degrees; 75kw by 4 degrees, ect. I believe MACE would be able to do this quite easily though.

This is the kit for the LLT. It only operates at full throttle. It seems pretty well rounded for a dry setup.

2010 V6 Camaro nitrous system

And Installation