Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec and SIDI Cam Development

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
So things with the cams are being delayed at the moment, had to get them sent back and get new ones because of a small fitment issue.

MACE

Reaction score
So things with the cams are being delayed at the moment, had to get them sent back and get new ones because of a small fitment issue.
We'll get there :) It seems that the oil gallery position on the LFX cams is different to the LLT ones :(

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I did expect a little hiccup seeing as it'll be the first LFX to be cammed. Just glad it's a minor fix. Toy said he really likes them so that's good :D
So the plan is to send them back to you with the stock ones to check out and grind new ones wasn't it?

MACE

Reaction score
I did expect a little hiccup seeing as it'll be the first LFX to be cammed. Just glad it's a minor fix. Toy said he really likes them so that's good :D
So the plan is to send them back to you with the stock ones to check out and grind new ones wasn't it?
I actually should have a new set of LFX cams here. Just need to double check when I get a chance. We'll get it sorted :D

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
OK so 210/210 cams now in and car running pretty well. Has taken a while for the LTFT's to sort out and car idling a little high. Brake vacuum seems vastly improved although I'm still considering a secondary vacuum can. Car pulls nice from 2k thru to 7k and sounds sweet as. Spat me sideways into second and chirps into third in Sports mode. Will pop it on the dyno in next couple of weeks. Last run was 190.4rwkw with an E85 tune but unfortunately will probably not have an E85 tune for the cams for a little while so not really comparing apples with apples but will be interesting none the less. I'm taking a guess at 200 to 210rwkw.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Good to hear your car is sorted. Small christmas gift to yourself :)
You were just unlucky that you didn't have any vacuum with the bigger cams as my car responds very well with the big cams, no braking issues. I recall you having 3.7 diff gears in your car, is that right? Cause that would help the cams.
You could reach 200rwkw like wildfire did with his ute, he made just over 200rwkw with the big cams. Don't know if he put the smaller ones in as he bought a twin turbo clubby a few months ago.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
OK so still haven't managed a dyno run yet and stil a couple of extra things to do but car seems to be running OK. Idle is set at about 850rpm so a little high at the moment but as I said still changing some things here and there.
This is a current idle vid: SIDI SV6 MACE cam idle - YouTube