Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

alpine type r

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
can't you get a 4 channel, put 4 speakers on the 2 channels into 2ohm and put the other 2 speakers on the other 2 channels in 4 ohm and then set the gains correctly? saves buying 2 amps for speakers and needing the space ?

just my 2cents worth hehe

LKABOSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS series 1
Mono for sub, 4/2 channel for speakers is what you do. How is your budget looking for amplifiers?
well so far im about 2-2.5k under budget but when it comes to things i want ill pretty pay anything i earn enough lol :)

LKABOSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS series 1
can't you get a 4 channel, put 4 speakers on the 2 channels into 2ohm and put the other 2 speakers on the other 2 channels in 4 ohm and then set the gains correctly? saves buying 2 amps for speakers and needing the space ?

just my 2cents worth hehe

im not really clued up on this kind of stuff thats y im asking anyone witha bit of knowledge. this is my first proper system

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I'd get rid of those 6x9's with that nice sub, there is no need, if you like add some coaxial speakers, keep that bass sounding nice and clean. Any preference to brands? Zapco, DLS, JL, Hertz, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Genesis to name a few. I'm a bit confused as to where you are putting all your gear though.

1 pair of splits front doors?
1 pair of splits rear doors?

If you can suss that out, then I can suggest a few combinations.

LKABOSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS series 1
I'd get rid of those 6x9's with that nice sub, there is no need, if you like add some coaxial speakers, keep that bass sounding nice and clean. Any preference to brands? Zapco, DLS, JL, Hertz, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Genesis to name a few. I'm a bit confused as to where you are putting all your gear though.

1 pair of splits front doors?
1 pair of splits rear doors?

If you can suss that out, then I can suggest a few combinations.

splits in the front singles in the rear doors and two more on the parcel shelf sub in boot its amp behind it and amps for the speakers under front seats as for the brand for the amp my main concern is quality so as long as itz good ill consider it :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
splits in the front singles in the rear doors and two more on the parcel shelf sub in boot its amp behind it and amps for the speakers under front seats as for the brand for the amp my main concern is quality so as long as itz good ill consider it :)

If you were after quality you would bugger off the back and parcel tray speakers.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
To much sound hitting your ears from different angles at different times, muddles it up.

You want your sound coming from in front of you. You don't listen to a band with your back to them, so why would you want speakers behind you. This isn't a surround sound experience.

One GREAT set of splits up from and one GREAT sub in the boot will win nearly every time.

Go to a MEASQ comp and find winners that are using back and parcel tray speakers.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
do you have rear passengers often ? because then you may need rear fill, i guess you could always set the fader so the rear speakers are silent when there are no rear passengers but don't go spending much for rear speakers