Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

!!!!!!!!!angry!!!!!!!!

JustDylan

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
I'd be considering myself fortunate if I was you.......

1.1281394325.ostrich-eggs-are-huge.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SPORTSWAGON MY10 SIDI
so got the bonnet checked out today, needs a full respray he can do it but it will be noticeable due to the large area of a bonnet,
On the other hand i got a great price to fix up my 2 rear mags (where my g/f has had several run ins with a gutter)
Also at minor scratch on a bumper that happened when a wanker driver who decided that reversing into a car whilst no1 is around means you dont need to leave details.
Normally $650 im getting it done for $300 cash! apart from the bonnet it will be back to immaculate!!!

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Went out saturday night to a house party, left around 1am walked out to the car to find some pathetic little P*#CKS have thrown a egg at my VE!! and some other cars out the front, washed it off as soon i as i saw it, woke up the next day to find the egg has eaten the paint in a 8cm circle on the bonnet (looks like little chips) rest of the car is fine.

Anyone had any dealings with the mobile dent, scratch and chips dudes? Or will the bonnet need a full respray?

Ill post some photos tommorrow.

Before going to the expense of a full bonnet respray I would try the "Turtle Wax Color Cure Plus" ( in the black) treatment on the affected area (about $25/26). If you treat it with the black cream polish (it comes in about 5 colours) you may be able to sufficiently disguise and hide the problem. It is hard to know from the photo you published if this would work especially as bonnets tend to show every tiny imperfection in strong light, but I would give it a try. Just keep going over the affected area by laying on the black polish and buffing off each time as per the instructions. You may need about 9-10 applications to get a good result. Wash down the panel first in water with ph neutral baby shampoo added to the wash water and rinse off.

I have this product and used it successfully on my black commodore to eliminate minor imperfections. Otherwise I would not have raised it. There is a black colour stick that comes with the pack which you may wish to try as well which is basically a hard filler (too hard for my liking but I have used it sparingly on a small spot or 2.) The filler is designed to be applied to the affected paint before the black polish compound is applied.

As I said I don't know if it will work for you and it's not the optimum answer. But for the money I think it is worth a try before you embark on a full respray or other professional touch up options. If it does work you will need to redo it from time to time and if you look very closely at the affected area in very good light you will still be able to see some imperfection.

Hope this helps some. Cheers

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
so got the bonnet checked out today, needs a full respray he can do it but it will be noticeable due to the large area of a bonnet,
On the other hand i got a great price to fix up my 2 rear mags (where my g/f has had several run ins with a gutter)
Also at minor scratch on a bumper that happened when a wanker driver who decided that reversing into a car whilst no1 is around means you dont need to leave details.
Normally $650 im getting it done for $300 cash! apart from the bonnet it will be back to immaculate!!!

Well I guess that's a pretty good mix of good news and bad. $300 for two wheel repairs and a scratch isn't too bad. Shop around for spray painters for your bonnet - and make sure they're good at colour matching.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SPORTSWAGON MY10 SIDI
Thanks sean, i was going to look for something to hide the problem for a few months while i get my house purchase out of the way,
And Tinny i will shop around mate, i cant see it being to hard to match the paint seeings the car is less than a year old and always garaged.

gambler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS + HZ Kingswood
For a quick fix you could try getting your bonnet wrapped in vinyl, will only cost 2 to 3 hundred and can be done in an afternoon. I don't know how close they can get with the colour, but they do offer a huge range now.

gambler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS + HZ Kingswood
hey mate, yeah vinyl stickers. they have a huge range of colours that they do now. I have had my roof done in a gloss black and it looks just like paint. You'd never tell the difference. google carbon demon and you'll find the bloke that did mine. his site has a whole gallery full.