Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another 66 impala project

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Don't want to. If I can squeeze half of it in the garage I will do that. Garage door is just really thin.

Not doing a full resto yet. Really just want to get it watertight. So that means rust repair around windscreens, a bit of paint and windscreens and windows installed.

I want to get a decent place to work on it before I start too much, even if that means renting out a shed or something.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
A couple of comments about the colour and that Special badge.

Your Impala was built either late during the HD model run or early in the HR run and I think Seamist Green was an optional colour for the HD Premier. It would make sense that Holden would use the current colour range for Australian assembled Chevs of that time, I guess.

The "Special" badge is also an HD part and was mounted in exactly the same position on HD models. I wonder if the car was actually marketed as a "Special", which was the mid-range designation for Holdens at that time, or the badge has been added by an owner at some stage.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
A couple of comments about the colour and that Special badge.

Your Impala was built either late during the HD model run or early in the HR run and I think Seamist Green was an optional colour for the HD Premier. It would make sense that Holden would use the current colour range for Australian assembled Chevs of that time, I guess.

The "Special" badge is also an HD part and was mounted in exactly the same position on HD models. I wonder if the car was actually marketed as a "Special", which was the mid-range designation for Holdens at that time, or the badge has been added by an owner at some stage.

Cool. Nice info. Would be good to see if it is a genuine special. Wish I knew a bit more about the history of it and how many they made in that year, etc.

tbh the more pics i see, im not even sure that this is seamist. they came out with 2 greens, one was a more minty green. you sure your plate has "587-8692" as the colour code?

The code is 587-8692, but it has been repainted and not knowing who did it I'm not sure if it is the exact colour or if it has a different mix in it.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
this colour here looks more like the mint green they came out in:
2asupara.jpg

this colour:
Chevrolet-Impala-SS-silver-green-metallic-1964-04H2H203125656A.jpeg

but then this colour looks more like what i though "seamist" was supposed to look like:
167514d1383977412-another-66-impala-project-image-2.jpeg

a lot more red in it:
HR+235+Seamist+Jade+Grecian.JPG

f27b3958-74f3-43ab-ae88-d00f9ae33cf1-lg.jpg

100_2033.jpg

im wondering if the previous owner didnt switch to the other colour which i cant seem to find anymore :s

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
merrida green?
HD+235+Merredin+Green1.JPG

That looks pretty close. Mine changes depending on light, in direct sunlight it looks more like yours, but when it's darker it looks more like the above. Think it looks like it has more blue in it then yours though.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Eventually yep. I mean I can deal with it being multi coloured til then but when the time comes ill choose a version of this colour and go a full respray