Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Cheap Mod For Vs

J

Jason

Christ, thats terrible. I think thats just a resistor to skew the fuel ratio...probably WILL give a bit more pull, but cant be good for the engine...just save up and get a chip.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The mat sensor is designed to run from 10,000 ohms at cold to 70 ohms hot..quite a range and this mod just keeps that resistance to a fixed value.....and this will give the car a longer opening of the injectors especially at normal operating temperature..really a band aid approach to gaining power fron a injected motor.

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
Looks like their screwing around with the oxygen sensor's, but the ecotec's have two sensor's. Does that mean if i fit two of them i'll get twice as much power?

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
Sorry, my bad, had a look on my car as well as a gregory's manual and i'd have to go along with what's been said previously. Does look like something to do with the MAP sensor.

Damn, now i can't get twice the power by fitting two of 'em

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Judging by the terrible spelling and grammar of this guy, and the potential harm it can cause your engine, Im guessing that this guy is a Ford driver bent on running Holdens off the road! (Because we have to modify Holdens to make them break down as opposed to his Ford doing it naturally)

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
I got this CD of a guy on ebay with **** loads of mods and other stuff to do with cars. sounds like the same guy.

1 of his mods is to change the posi of the MAT sensor.
I have a spare one out of a second manifold and was going to put it just before the TB instead of in the etremely hot manifold, will keep origional sensor in place so i can hook abck up if needed
:confused: ----Is this the same result achieved with the resistor??:confused:
:confused: ----Is it worth it or will it stuff the engine up??:confused:

After a bit of thinking i thought about having the 2 sensors on a switch so i can alternate between the 2,
Have the origional working on initial warmup then switch over the second when running temp is reached

J

junglefeet

if it was any good he'd be sellin to the performance shops....bet they wont have a bar of it tho!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I have this item from ebay, honestly its not really worth it. Although it does have some good ideas most of them are just copied from the net and apparently the whole document in copyrighted. He claims you cant damage the car doing it because the computer wont let it do that. It is meant to tell the computer that you are putting colder temp into the car but i really dont think holden would go to all that effort putting the sensor in unless it did serve a decent purpose. Email me if you want any more details and ill let you know.

GTRVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
FIST OF ALL, a shout goes out to "markovr" cheers! NOW TO MY 10CENTS --> Don’t get confused, MAP - Manifold Absolute Pressure. this is the sensor that measures VACCUME PRESSURE or load on the motor, MAT - Manifold Air Temperature. Measures the temp of the air going into the combustion chamber, don’t mess with the MAP sensor (black box on the firewall with a hose in its bum) , it needs to be accurate for the efficient operation of the vehicle! [AND THE CAR WONT RUN WITHOUT IT] the MAT sensor is under the fuel damper near the throttle body on the back or firewall side of the motor (looks like the coolant temp sensor), [THE CAR WILL RUN IF YOU LEAVE IT IN THE MANIFOLD BUT UNPLUG IT] the mod on ebay just fixes the MAT reading at a set resistance/value using guess what? A resistor LOL!, the idea of the MAT sensor is it will change value with the temp of the air going past it into the combustion chamber. When ur motor is stone dead mother f**ka cold it will read around 10K ohm, the computer (ECU) see`s this and then checks with the CTS - Coolant temp sensor. (under the alternator) and looks up a fuel mixture table and sets the injector pulse length - duty cycle to get as colse to 14:1 mix as possible. COLD AIR IS MORE DENSE AND GIVES MORE POWER THAN HOT AIR SO MORE FUEL IS NEEDED TO GET A PERFECT AIR FUEL MIX, hence why we all fit the VS supercharged cold air mouth to our car`s air boxes AND WHY RICE BOYS FIT INTERCOOLERS TO THEIR HAIR DRYER BOOSTED SHOE BOXES :) so,... what some one has done is picked a resistance value that is equiv. to the MAT reading when the car is suckin 10 degree air (like in the middle of a winter night in say,.. Goulburn, THE COLDEST PLACE IN AUSTRALIA! LOL) say it was 8K ohm,.. rolled to dick smiths or jaycar etc and bought a pack of eight 8.2k 1/2 watt resistors for 38 cents (I DONT KNOW WHAT VALUE OLD MATE ON EBAY IS USING/SELLING SO DONT GO ON MY 8.2k GUESS PLEASE!!!) and got on the PC and listed them to suckers on ebay. When u put the magic 500HP ebay mod in (resistor in eleco tape) the ECU isn’t dumb, if uve just started your car and ur coolant is 70 degrees cuz u just got back from the shops and ur now going to get the Mrs from wrk and the MAT reads 10 degrees and never varies when ur driving it will fault, this means it just picks a default value of XXX degrees and reads its look up table lie`n to itself, telling itself that the sensor is dead or missing and just dumps the fuel in, trims it with the reading from the oxygen sensor and u get f**k all extra power/torque but u deff. will get a $20-50 ebay bill and $2-5 more at the pump each go. Ever notice on the back of VL turbo`s and turbo nissans that sum have black soot round the exhaust on the rear bumper bar? this is from the owner winding up the boost on the stock ECU,.. the ECU flips out and doesn’t want the engine to seize/run out of fuel at high revs so pumps in bulk fuel and runs extra RICH (same as what will happen with this majic ebay mod thing),.. what it doesn’t burn in the combustion chamber it pumps out the exhaust (the black soot on the bumper bar) so,... the choice is yours at the end of the day.... hit the power button near the gear selector and let the auto rev out a bit more and beet ur mate in the honda civic or waste 20-50 clams on ebay and be payn the extra fuel bill 4 eva, not to mention cleaning ur rear bumper bar every week LOL :-D