Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Hoon Story....

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I've noticed that a lot. Amazing how many people hold up police, ambulances and fire trucks on the road due to them being in their own little world when they're driving. I swear some people think their mirrors are there as ornaments lol. People also seem to get confused with what to do when everyone is stopped at a red light and the emergency vehicles want to get through. Wasn't there talk a while back about changing the sirens on emergency vehicles so they would be more easily noticed/heard?

There was a story not far back about a person who ran a red light to clear a path for the emergency vehicle, ended up getting a ticket even though the everyone had stopped (in all direction) to let the ambo (?) through.

Not long ago I was a car cut off a cop car with lights and sirens, if the cops didn't have to be somewhere fast I bet that the retard would have had a whole can of whoop-ass unloaded on him by the cops.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
There was a story not far back about a person who ran a red light to clear a path for the emergency vehicle, ended up getting a ticket even though the everyone had stopped (in all direction) to let the ambo (?) through.

This is why I am not going to be moving for emergency vehicles if it means I will be breaking a road rule. I need my licence for my job, and I can't trust the courts to give me any lenience if that situation were to occur. Of course, they could try to charge me for not moving out of the path of an emergency vehicle, but the police commissioner is on tape stating that you do not run a red light for an emergency vehicle. More likely to go my way than getting out of a ticket for moving.

Previously I would have gotten out of the way for them by breaking a road rule if I felt it was safe, but not anymore. The stakes are too high, it could be the difference between keeping and losing both my licence, and my job.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
As someone who has been trained and driven under lights and sirens, NOBODY is expected to break any laws to let emergency vehicles through. At a set of lights, if there is no way though, the training we get means we turn the siren off and leave the lights on and wait.

The biggest problem with sirens is they're not loud enough. Without having a stereo up too loud, in a new car you don't often hear the sirens. But you should be aware enough of everything around you that you see the lights.

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The biggest problem with sirens is they're not loud enough. Without having a stereo up too loud, in a new car you don't often hear the sirens. But you should be aware enough of everything around you that you see the lights.

I agre with this. I have stock sound system and don't have it blasting, and often I don't hear sirens until they are fairly close. I usually see the lights long before I hear the sirens.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
That's a bit harsh.

Lance2560

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6exec
:hmmm: abit harsh? I was only joking around , I can hear sirens way before i see them, sorry if i offenened u

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You see sirens? Man! I wish I could see sound waves...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
This woman is hilarious, seriously, a toyota doing over 80? I think the police speed detection devices need re-calibrating.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I like how they empahsised that she drove for a whole 4kms before she noticed that she was being persued. That roughly works out to be about ~1 and half minutes (at a steady 164km/h) before she saw them... not exactly the slowest reacton time if you assume they started the clock from where the cops were sitting