Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Qantas plane has engine failure

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Another Qantas plane has engine failure

Another Qantas plane has been grounded with engine failure.

The flight was due to leave Sydney for London at 6.05pm (AEDT) yesterday, but passengers were pulled off the plane after a loud noise emanated from the engine while they were taxiing towards the runway, News Limited reports.

The flight was later cancelled.

Advertisement: Story continues below
Earlier yesterday, passengers watched as Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce held a media conference to assure the public the company is now "100 percent confident" A380 planes are safe.

To prove the point, Mr Joyce flew the Singapore leg on the first A380 plane to return to service since the fleet was grounded three weeks ago when an engine exploded on a flight from Singapore.

But while passengers on the A380 flight to London got away on time, passengers on board flight QF1 to London via Bangkok were pulled off their flight because of an engine fault.

"The aircraft was taxiing to the runway and the pilot had an indication of an issue with one of the engines, and following procedures it returned to the bay," a Qantas spokesman told News Limited.

The passengers disembarked at about 7pm and were given meal vouchers while engineers examined the engine, but at 9pm they were told the flight was cancelled.

It is expected to leave at 9am today.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Who really cares?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I think this is just the media starting to chase stories about nothing.

There are plenty of planes that are taken out of service because faults are detected prior to take-off.

It's just pointless brand bashing at this point. The only reason this stuff is making it into the headlines is because of the event with the A380.

And that was an issue that was found to affect most of the A380 engines, just happened to be that the major failure occured on a QANTA's jet.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Agree with both above posts. But the generally idiot can't see past the news so they will be jumping and screaming that Qantas are crap and all that.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
This whole thing about recent airline failures is just media hot air. Ever since the major scare on the A380, the media has been chasing both QANTAS and all airline failures and making a big deal out of it.

Planes 'break down' now and then and **** happens.

All just media hot air and hype, nothing to get stressed about when flying.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
What major scare? Smart people know an A380 can fly without one of its engines. There has been no major scare.

Did you even read the investigation reports? The explosion was due to a mix of oil in the turbine which blew the casing off the engine which smashed into the wing narrowly missing the fuel lines which would have sparked, caught on fire, exploded in the fuel tanks blowing the plane out of the sky.

Engine explosion is a serious issue mate. Next time your on a plane and you watch the Engine blow itself apart and realise that it could take the wing off and destroy the plane...you come and tell me there was no major scare.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I actually know a lot about what happened...

Plane landed safely and there was no fire. Regardless of why, that's NOT a major scare.

I'm not saying it wasn't a serious failure. But it definitely wasn't a major scare.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
lol about as exciting as the flat battery my car had on the weekend

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
which smashed into the wing narrowly missing the fuel lines which would have sparked, caught on fire, exploded in the fuel tanks blowing the plane out of the sky.

A bird almost flew past me today, narrowly missing my windscreen which if it hit it could made me turn into an oncoming bus full of school children blowing it off the freeway and killing all the kidlets.

The above example is no different to what you gave.

Media are bored and they are still mourning Labors loss in Vic, so these hot air stories are the next best thing of reporting real news :p