Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK V6

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
They are $350 on ebay.

Sorry for hijacking your thread SBM.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Like I said I want to build it reasonably cheap and with what I have lying around so I'm going to give the VS suspension a go. If it works well I will let you know if not I will have a bit of swapping to do. Ive just started cutting out my turbo manifolds but cant do much else until I get the motor in the car and can figure out where I want them to go. I have most of the pipework and the flanges so they are ready to weld together when the motor is in. Found myself a T5 yesterday for $50 if i remove it myself. Going to take the pedal box and everything while Im at it. Does anyone know if a VN pedal box will fit in a VK?

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
I am sure that the VN pedal box will fit. I am almost certain I have one in my VB.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Awesome! Hopefully it will. Now I almost have everything to start. All I need now is time to do it. Any ideas on colours and rims? My brother is a spray painter/panel beater by trade and works next door to me so any colour is going to be do-able. I want to get the colour and body kit right the first time so i dont have to go painting it again. Also thinking a group 3 kit. Any other sugjestions. I dont want it over the top but do want it looking good. Its going to have to mach the VR dash and interior.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
in my opinion the older commodores look good in simple colours, none of this changing colour stuff or sparkles. id say a nice blue, black or red would look good

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
The VH Group 3 only came in Marenallo Red and Calais White. Either one would look good.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
I know black is hard to get looking really good but i love the look of a black car. Might have to have a look around and find some pics and see what I like before deciding. Don't really want to ahve to re spray it because I don't like the colour.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Black looks nice but its just impossible to keep clean, one drive and they just seem to be dirty.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
I know but they just look so good when they are clean. I pulled the k-frame out of the vs yesterday so I nearly have all the bits I need. Still working on getting the dash and interior out. Next week I am going to start pulling the VK apart. Hopefully by the week after I have the motor sitting in and can start building the turbo manifolds.