Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VK V6

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Yeah everything has been custom made so it all looks a bit different. At the moment it is all completely stock, but once I have had it running and worked the tune out a bit I'm planning on rebuilding the whole lot. I want to run about 20psi into it and was thinking of fitting a MACE girdle for the bottom end. So far the dash has been pretty straigh forward. It is the same width as the VK but I think I might have to take a bit off the height to get it all to fit with the centre console. The dash is still only held by a few tek screws but am working on making some decent mountsw for it this week. Still looking for some external wastegates if anyone knows of any. Was thinking about putting screamer pipes on.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
243.jpg244.jpg245.jpg246.jpg
Here are a few pics of the interior as of today when i got the centre console in place. Still working on plumbing in the turbos so I can give it a good run.

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
Check out my work Facebook page Streaky Bay Mechanical. Has a few extra pics along with the 1 tonner I'm working on. I try to keep it updated as much as I can.

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Project VH

Hey mate just another question how did you get around the heater control? What model heater box did you use? i seen a guys conversion with VR stato dash using climate control and he used the VH heater box with some sort of brackets made up to get it to work but i want to use the normal dial type as the loom in mine is VN and the only problem i can see so far is ho to get the lever on VH pass side to work via driver side VN type if that makes sense.
I got a complete dash from the wreckers for 130 buck and they will pull it out of the wreck for me and they are near work sweet compared to the guy on ebay who is two hrs drive from me and wants me to pull it all out for 250 bucks.
Cant wait to get stuck into this its going to realy transform the car big time i think.
cheers

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
I havn't got round to the heater controls yet but will definetly fill you in when I do. I have got the dash in place and am hoping to do the same as you with the door vents but havn't done any measurements yet to try and fit them. I might try and get one started this week. First thing I want to do is plumb in my oil lines and fit my a/c compressor so I can finally give the motor a good run. That dash sounded like a good deal. I was thinking of fitting the whole heater box from the VR if I can but if it is going to be too much work I will leave the VK one in and let you know how I get on.