Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

antenna problems

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy II
got a new headunit today in my holden vy commodore, pioneer and no matter what its on cd, aux, the antenna will continue to stay up, is there a fuse or a power source i can disconnect so that the antenna just doesnt go up? cheers

porky1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Did the head unit have a power antenna and remote wire?? Because the wrong wire may have been connected. Sometimes there's no remote wire, so it has to be powered by the remote, which means you may need to install a switch so you can put it up when you listen to the radio

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy II
i honestly dont give two hoots about the antenna i never use the radio as it is
is there a wire i can cut/pull out in order for it to stop going up?

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
my antenna doesnt go up or down so i jst left mine about 1 quarter up :) and it looks good like that to :) also i dont ever use the radio either

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Sounds like you have connected it to the remote wire instead of the antenna wire. Some Pioneers don't have a provision for external antenna.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
yep as wraith said, most pioneer radios dont have an antenna signal wire, just a remote wire for Subs, .. its been a problem for ages with pioneer radios, if there isnt a special dedicated wire for the antenna, you might just have to connect a switch to the wire somehow so you can manually turn it on and off (Thats what i did with mine, 2 switches 1 for the sub and other for antenna).. As far as i know there isnt an option in the radios settings either to disable it.. Its just the way the radios been made :(

and as you say in post #3 that you dont care for the antenna, just disconnect or cut the remote/antenna wire and it should stop it .. if your radios anything like mine it should be a blue wire with a grey/white trace on it.. and it has a weird sorta female plug thing on the end of it

If all else fails just take out the stone guard under the panel, find the wires for the antenna and go crazy with some pliers!!! haah

See how ya go man..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy II
only just checked the replys aha, im very impatient, i got into the headunit from behind and pulled out the blue/white wire and now the antenna just doesnt work at all
but im fine with that, never use the radio anyways
cheers for all your advice though