Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anti theft ideas wanted

Discussion in 'VL Holden Commodore (1986 - 1988)' started by harry3, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Shifty1

Shifty1 New Member

Members Ride:
    EF Almost Turbo
    Ive seen this bfore, quite effective :)

2. stock_vl

stock_vl wh internationals?

Members Ride:
    vl calais 3.0L
    i just have the stock alarm....
    hope no theif gets on this site!! AGH

ummm.... gprs would be a charm if you had the dolla's...

from what i understand!!

the bigger the lock the better!!

you have wheel braces and huge steering wheel lock...
    they see it and are like... bugger it!

if you got a switch to stop them taking your car.. then they steal your sound system....

but then i spose sound system isnt as bad as the lot...

3. Darkness

Darkness Guest

I Just checked out a place today actually that stock “Rhino” systems. There is one that has a two stage shut-down system that will kill your fuel pump and something else… it also has a pager up to 1.5 kilometers range and a SMS is sent to your mobile phone. If your first two kill switches are bypassed you then have a satellite navigation that will show you were the car is and can be stopped anytime via “Rhino back to base monitoring” and the cops will be alerted.

If you want to spend 2 grand on a system, then by all means this is the best one. I look at it this way, if you spend 20+K on hotting your car up, what’s 2 more grand going to hurt?

Note: It has sensors up the wahzoo that will detect anything from a minor bump (trying to open the door via the door handles) to a window break. It has a double alert setting that will allow you to have just the pager and SMS go off for little minor bumps and then have the pager, SMS, and GPRS monitoring if the car is actually broken into or the first two kill switches are bypassed.

4. VLACS

VLACS New Member

Members Ride:
    VS executive
    im getting that. where is it. perth supplier??

haha i like this thread its a good chance to get smart.
    i want something that will actually hurt the ****ers. the monkey is good. but i want them to be hospitalised for a while. not just unconscous

5. Bax

Bax Projecting

Members Ride:
    Nothing
    The tracking ones cost so much per year or month to track don't they?

6. michaelw

michaelw Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VX S2
    How about this. Telstra have a service where you send an sms to a number you can get the gps cords of the mobile. Some mobiles can be hooked up to electronics to read/send sms. So you could 1)locate your car 2)kill the engine when you and the cops show up.

Advantage over gps is that gps needs to see the sky. The metal roof is enough to kill the signal.

Mike

7. .....hee heee heee...in South Africa yuo can get cars that have gas pipes poking out under the sides and back.....press the button, and a recorded voice warns people to stand away......next second......6 foot flames shoot out..........

8. seventh path

seventh path Member

Members Ride:
    VL RB30 Berlina
    put some electric current through the body....don't imagine it would be good for the car but funny to watch them to try and break in!!!

9. Bucket

Bucket New Member

Members Ride:
    VL Crapbox
    lol, u can buy a kit from jay car or get it installed at auto electrician, its a relay circuit that wont allow the car to start unless you earth out the circuit by touching an earth point that its set to. I had my rear demist switch as the earth but my old VB, i used a screw in the dash. When you complete the circuit, it allows the ignition to supply the 12 volt to the starter.

The other method on autos is the old inhibitor switch that wont let you start in gear. Cut the wires and put a switch in there and hide it under the console.

10. stock_vl

stock_vl wh internationals?

Members Ride:
    vl calais 3.0L
    ALRIGHTY!!
    i like the sound of the sms and satelite.....
    id ruther boot a hoooge steering lock and a wheel lock or something liek that and lock the gear lever then also the sms... this way you can run to your car and get there within 4 minutes say!! =)
    run out there hold in button (1) pull out you 2by4 and smack the %$#^&@@# outta who eva da hell it is....
    id ruther teach theif his own way... can call cops after you hit em in the knees etc....

(i maybe slightly aggressive yes... but i hate theives n low life people like that something chronic!!)

11. =TUR7LE=

=TUR7LE= Guest

2 ideas i got in mind 4 u(if u want the cheaper way out) connect 2 kill switches...1 to ur injector rail...and 1 2 ur fuel pump...make one of them really hard 2 find and the other easy 2 find...and an easy way 2 fu*k up ur theives is only turn 1 on...if they find both they turn one off and the other on...so either way..there not takin off with ur car, and after 10mins of crankin they will dissapear cos they dont wanna make 2 much noise...good luck :drink:

12. magnum44

magnum44 Guest

go down to ur nearest illegal bomb supplier and pick up a land mine for 2-3 dollars. once you abtain it its just a matter of laying it down under the seat covers everytime you leave the car. the victim or rober will suffer more pain in the groin area than sound from an alarm can ever do.

13. andyman4444

andyman4444 New Member

Members Ride:
    VL Commodore Station Wagon 1987
    just make a panel of 5 switches that have to turn on in a sequenced order, when the dick sees it they will go **** this and steal the sound system, which u can put 12V bolts on to make sure they get a shock!

14. evl

evl Guest

if u leave it 4 a while pull the comp outa the kick panel. if its out side ur place buy a cheap alarm that will wake you an keep a 12 gauge beside ur bed.... an 2 any theives readn this my great dane called ZEUS can get to the car as well.

15. ucwepn

ucwepn America just kicked in yo

Members Ride:
    WH statesman 5.7
    well if they wanna get my car they have to get in the back yard with my large angry dog (rottweiler x irish wolf hound) then get in my garage and then deal with the prolock on my steering wheel (high tensile steel with solex lock) LOL by that time they would have been torn a new ass by the dog or by me running out with my ninja sword haha

16. Holdfast

Holdfast New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Sedan Country Pack
    Just put a repair manual on the dash :thumbsup:

17. evl

evl Guest

stick a blue oval on it lol

18. vlrad

vlrad Guest

Till you work out what you gonna do.

I pull the 3rd relay next to the battery - this is the ground for the injectors and they won't fire if not grounded. I'd read the workshop manual and wiring diagram to see exactly the relay I'm talking about.

It is unlikely a bady would have a noid light.

Car will start - will move about 5 or less metres and then stops.

If they become a member of this forum with starting problems - you got em.

19. nsladden

nsladden GET UTED

Members Ride:
    1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
    is it an automatic? if so try getting a paddlock thats just the right size that it will fit in between the handle that you pull up to change gear and the top of the knob. my friend tryed this on his V8 VB commodore and it never left its carpark.

20. Bax

Bax Projecting

Members Ride:
    Nothing
    That doesn't work..