Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ants VP Calais 5L new toy

stothers

Reaction score
nice car buddy, love to see some elbow grease being put in..
as for the scoop, at first i didnt like it but looked a few more times and i actaully do like it, looks better on that it doesnt without it..

whats the panel and paint like on the car?
and where abouts in perth are ya?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
nice car buddy, love to see some elbow grease being put in..
as for the scoop, at first i didnt like it but looked a few more times and i actaully do like it, looks better on that it doesnt without it..

whats the panel and paint like on the car?
and where abouts in perth are ya?

Cheers man yeah i was like that 2 at 1st thought nope looks a bit ricey with the holes but saying that its pretty much like a group A bulge just with a difference and i cant say ive seen a VN VP with 1.

Im now in Balga, car does need the boot lid and bonnet re sprayed from paint fade and peel, tho boot lids going wen the boot lip goes on another boot lid so havent bothered with that yet still trying 2 find a decent spray painter thats close by. the doors r not bad 4 its age but the rest of the car had a fresh layer of paint on it not 2 long ago.

^tocchi?

Ant: Nope no scoop!! Yuck!

LOL good thing its not mine huh, the misus has 1 of these on her gemini that does actually look good with so now she wanted 1 4 her lancer coz she loves it :S thats where this 1 came from. Its funny her old man has 1 on her magna and my old man has 1 on his 380 GT they kinda suit those cars better i think. but dunno if i like the thought of that many scoops being in the family LOL

small update the car finally went in 4 the camber kit get it back this after noon interested 2 see how far the camber was out on the rears hahaha. then im gonna bite the bullet and just get this dam diff installed so i can just drive the bloody thing haha.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
wohhoo finally piece and quite aaaaaaahahahaha diffs been installed and apparently seems nice and tight.

Tho i do have a slight problem which im not sure wat it is. ive noticed mainly after been 4 a drive so mayb after the diff oil warms up? wen backing in the drive way and having the steering wheel turned so its not driving straight (does it driving very slowly forwards 2) the diff makes a light but noticable skipping, shuddering sound. 1st i thought oh no better not have been giving a spool. has any 1 heard about this? is there such a thing if the diffs too tight is can act like a spool in some way? it doesnt really sound like the tyres r skipping i dont think but somthing else? the strange thing is as soon as i am driving or reversing straight it doesnt do it

Also does any 1 now how 2 tell the diffence from a spooled diff and a normal LSD from taking the diff cover off?? i wouldnt have a clue.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
wohhoo finally piece and quite aaaaaaahahahaha diffs been installed and apparently seems nice and tight.

Tho i do have a slight problem which im not sure wat it is. ive noticed mainly after been 4 a drive so mayb after the diff oil warms up? wen backing in the drive way and having the steering wheel turned so its not driving straight (does it driving very slowly forwards 2) the diff makes a light but noticable skipping, shuddering sound. 1st i thought oh no better not have been giving a spool. has any 1 heard about this? is there such a thing if the diffs too tight is can act like a spool in some way? it doesnt really sound like the tyres r skipping i dont think but somthing else? the strange thing is as soon as i am driving or reversing straight it doesnt do it

Also does any 1 now how 2 tell the diffence from a spooled diff and a normal LSD from taking the diff cover off?? i wouldnt have a clue.

Not sure how to tell the difference in an IRS diff by looking at the centre, but if you have a minispool in there you will 100% know about it on really tight corners. Get someone to watch your inside wheel. You will know. Your car also will not idle forward in Drive at full steering lock, it will be like having the handbrake on.

I'd guess the centre is just very tight, not sure if that noise is normal though - never had an LSD rebuilt before :D

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure how to tell the difference in an IRS diff by looking at the centre, but if you have a minispool in there you will 100% know about it on really tight corners. Get someone to watch your inside wheel. You will know. Your car also will not idle forward in Drive at full steering lock, it will be like having the handbrake on.

I'd guess the centre is just very tight, not sure if that noise is normal though - never had an LSD rebuilt before :D

Hmm had the misus try having a look 2 see if it was the tyres skipping or not, she could hear the noise but couldnt really tell wat she was looking 4 so that didnt help hahaha. I'll have 2 try see wat it does on full lock 2 me i dont think it has a spool ive seen and heard these b4 they r way more savage on the tyres hahaha.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
also will not idle forward in Drive at full steering lock, it will be like having the handbrake on.

tried it 2day and she moved phew hahaha so i guess i can rule that out?