Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any decent tunes out for the 6 my09 auto?

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey all, been looking through the forum for news on tunes for the sv6 my09 model auto... I understand the auto's are harder to tune than the manuals, although some time has past since the last tuning discussion and wondering if something is out there!
My plan is to get a few bolt ons and exhaust trinkets then tune it all at the same time.

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Look at the mAce tunes. Heard lots of positives. Only thing is they can't touch the 5 speed. 6 speed is fine

Jarrrrred

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE SV6 Sedan
No chips Made for ve sv6s nor bother tuning cause they're already tuned unless you're adding mods then you should tune it. You won't gain much from a tune vs the price you will pay.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I have the 5 speed, any tunes/chips/anything anyone?

No one touches the 5 speeds, talk to Mace though, he may be able to do it. He can tune your engine relatively easily though and at a good price. Powerchip do a "chip" but it's costly and for small gains, so I wouldn't bother. A tune will be your best bet.

Not sure what Jarrrrred is on about, but there are many benefits to a tune.

V SPEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I have the auto 5 in my Calais. Like the others said, the auto can't be touched, however, the tune that Mace can provide makes a great difference.

Jarrrrred

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE SV6 Sedan
I'm only going off what I was told by Wilkinshaw performance. Sorry if I'm wrong.

l2eeFer13

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Maloo E3 2013
Im getting a full exorst system, extractors and cats installed in the next few days and the mechanic said that theres no tune for the check engine light that may come up for the cats sensors.

Is this true or can the remote tune from MACE fix this?

V SPEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Yeah the tune fixes the check engine light due to cats. Also tones down the torque management which is what makes it feel sluggish on acceleration.