Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any fully blacked out VE's out there???

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Why?
I don't like the fg. I like the omega, hence the reason I bought it.

Take everything with a grain of salt, mate. Most people will say the omega isn't worth working on (I'm probably one of them)... but in the end it's your car. Do with it what you wish. But 15% tint (whilst looking sensational) is illegal. Just enjoy it, whatever you do with it.

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
You are missing the point. By buying a trash car and doing it up you're no better than the thousands of P platers with their first car getting rims,cheap exhausts and lowering etc. People won't be saying 'wow, that car looks sweet' they will most likely have their palm to their face wondering why, which im sure isn't the reaction you're after. No matter what you change it will always be a base model omega.

Exactly lol. I haven't seen anyone say buy a v8 yet.... Tho csp may be on the prowl haha. Just saying with an sv6 u would have got 210 kw opposed to 190 in the omega

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
Yeh cheers mate. In no way is it making me doubt my choice...it's just annoying that people feel the need talk trash.

Will chuck up some pics when I'm home Friday.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
By buying a trash car and doing it up you're no better than the thousands of P platers with their first car getting rims,cheap exhausts and lowering etc. People won't be saying 'wow, that car looks sweet' they will most likely have their palm to their face wondering why, which im sure isn't the reaction you're after. No matter what you change it will always be a base model omega.

I think this is a little unfair.
And no stage has the OP said he wants to claim his car is anything other than an Omega. He is not looking to put V8 badges on it or anything.

I have an International (basically looks like an Omega from the outside), and I decided to customize the look of it by going for body kit and the like. I didnt want a V8 either.... and there's no law saying I cant change the look of it. Like I give a crap what others think anyway... I like it and I'm very happy I did it. So if you wanna customize your ride, DO IT. Dont let people tell you that you are wasting your money.... its your money to spend any way you choose :). And if that's on making an Omega look a little better, then so be it.

Everyone's got an opinion on this forum and that's great. I hate Chev badges, some dont. You like to modify your black Omega, some dont. Who gives a toss as long as YOU like it.

But comparing OP's desires to do subtle mods to his Omega to 'try hard P Platers' is a little harsh. Yes he asked for opinions on his mods, but he didnt ask to be flamed.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
I would hardly call "fully blacked out" subtle changes. It's just screaming for attention, most of which will be met with negativity.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
I think this is a little unfair.
And no stage has the OP said he wants to claim his car is anything other than an Omega. He is not looking to put V8 badges on it or anything.

I have an International (basically looks like an Omega from the outside), and I decided to customize the look of it by going for body kit and the like. I didnt want a V8 either.... and there's no law saying I cant change the look of it. Like I give a crap what others think anyway... I like it and I'm very happy I did it. So if you wanna customize your ride, DO IT. Dont let people tell you that you are wasting your money.... its your money to spend any way you choose :). And if that's on making an Omega look a little better, then so be it.

Everyone's got an opinion on this forum and that's great. I hate Chev badges, some dont. You like to modify your black Omega, some dont. Who gives a toss as long as YOU like it.

But comparing OP's desires to do subtle mods to his Omega to 'try hard P Platers' is a little harsh. Yes he asked for opinions on his mods, but he didnt ask to be flamed.

Well said.

I like the look of a blacked out car also.

Whether it be an Omega or Senator, customize it to your own desires.

One more thing... I would love to see it wrapped in matte black vinyl.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
One more thing... I would love to see it wrapped in matte black vinyl.

+ at least a million! 3M do a low-maintenance, hard-wearing coating that shows the colour through of your paint but mattes out the finish - It was used on that limited run Focus RSwhatever number they chose that week.. But you can source it for anything.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Heres a photo of a mates VE, come up alright

Attachments

• 24889_365721465123_520320123_4221727_1181779_n.jpg
    24889_365721465123_520320123_4221727_1181779_n.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,668