Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone actually seen a VE in the flesh?

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by MrCanno, Apr 3, 2006.

1. MrCanno

MrCanno Guest

Hi guys.
    I'm new here and I love Holdens!

In answer to my question, has anyone ACTUALLY seen it in real life?
    I have and I can tell ya it is one nice looking car!
    Now some say its based on this and that, but it is really based around the VZ and VY with a little bit of TT36 Torana influence. For all those people who think its ugly, its not, even with the bagging and stickers it still looks beautiful!

All those photoshopped pics from previous threads are done by the guys in MOTOR/WHEELS are good and give you a good idea but its better in real life.
    There isn't much difference to the current VY and VZ's (just think fatter lips that poke out over the front and rear wheels and slightly squished VZ/VY tailights).

You'll like trust me!

2. Nobody Actually

Nobody Actually luxo barge

Members Ride:
    2007 wm Caprice
    got anything to back that claim up?

3. Pretender

Pretender Brain function fading .

Members Ride:
    Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
    My brother had a VE in 1981. Big lumbering beast with a 265 Hemi and 4spd.
    Comfy and relatively quick but scary because he was/is such a bad driver.
    So yes I've seen one.

4. VS Omega

VS Omega New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore Omega
    Why don't you post some of the latest goss on the VE? No one is these days, kinda sucks.. you people are so scared of Holdens but what are they going to do, they'll never catch you :p

5. VX_KN079

VX_KN079 Guest

The VE is NOT AT ALL BASED on the VT-VZ platform. It is a completely new platform (based on the GM global Zeta platform).

So sorry MrCanno, you are wrong...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2006
  6. Pretender

Pretender Brain function fading .

Members Ride:
    Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
    Holden, sorry I thought we were talking Valiants.

7. MrCanno

MrCanno Guest

Sorry guys! :( That is just what I thought when I saw it.

I haven't got any proof because I don't wanna say where and how. Sounds kinda fake I know but oh well. Sorry for any confusion/anger I may have caused :(

I just wrote this thread because people were wondering whether or not they were going to like the new VE. I do and i hope you guys will too!

8. VS Omega

VS Omega New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore Omega
    Don't take it too hard mate, I don't think he realises you're only talking about the physical looks of it, not what's underneith eh! :D

9. VLACS

VLACS New Member

Members Ride:
    VS executive
    yeh well its kinda hard to beleive any one these days when they come up with some **** like this. and all the other pictures. its obvious that if holden are secretive about the ve. wrapping it up in black **** etc. then i doubt there are just goin to be pictures of it flying about. its kinda annoying how many threads are in here that are just a load of crap from ppl claiming to have THE REAL PICTURES. cos they dont. and they know it.

Mrcanno. good claim. im sure i wil like it. but i think your dreaming. whats ur name and position at holden?

10. drewins

drewins swear word

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore wagon
    Do u work at holdens? pretty much all production workers have seen it complete. I havnt cos im at TAFE but know a couple of guys who saw it at a factory meeting. They said it reminded them of a cross between Audi and BMW. That sort of style.

11. VX_KN079

VX_KN079 Guest

Since European cars are so popular at the moment it's not really all that surprising that Holden are taking styling queues from Europe. Now if the build quality starts to match up to European standards we'll have a REAL winner on our hands in the form of the VE...

12. Sphinx

Sphinx O.G.

Members Ride:
    VX Calais II LS1
    A mate of mine who's an apprentice mechanic at holden said that he had seen one and it looked like a big vectra. Isn't it a bit of a coinkydink that holden drops the vectra from the model line up?

13. heat1

heat1 Guest

VE specks

The new VE has exploded a debat about using a generic floor pan for V8 Supercar racing as the floor pan of the new VE does not fit within the guidlines set by the governing body. Funny thing is the floor pan on the lattest ford is out by 70mm anyhow. If The governing body doesnt give. holden will have to race the old body. So there is a little bit on how its going to change in looks compared to the 2006 model. There must be some photos and people that have seen the unite but the camo they use on the cars to stop photos is quite good but even so it is nothing to change external bodywork as we have seen for the last 8 years plus for holden and the last 20 years for ford as the latest BA still looks in general shape the same as the late eighties ford EA. underneath(floorpan absolutely different)

14. heat1

heat1 Guest

Whatthe?

What the hell is coinkydink?:confused:

15. VZSV6

VZSV6 Guest

actually canno wa right it is based on the vz, it just semms with a few extrerior mods, but that must leave the engine.

16. MikeVXSS

MikeVXSS !!!GO TIMMY GO!!!

Members Ride:
    VX SS 5.7

coincedence

17. heat1

heat1 Guest

based on VZ

:eek: :eek: Were do you get your info from?

18. VS Omega

VS Omega New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Commodore Omega
    The VE is a whole new car, it's not based on a 1994 Opel Omega like the VT - VZ, it's a whole new car!

19. MrCanno

MrCanno Guest

Sorry guys don't work at holden! Wish I did though!
    I've just seen it when I ain't supposed to, I'll leave it at that!

And it is kinda like an Audi/BMW in a weird sort of way.

20. VX_KN079

VX_KN079 Guest

You're on drugs! The VE is new from the ground up!!! That is info released by Holden to the public too, not speculation. It's a completely new platform...

[