Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone can access my car...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
put your keys in a closed metal box to block the signal, that is how thieves take these new cars they just emulate the ping that the key is next to the vehicle and just open the door and start it and drive off
Have you tried it?

Put your keys in a metal box and take the box to your car and press the buttin on the door handle. You may be surprised to see it unlock. Many metal bozes have a clear laquer over the metal...

So unless the lid makes good electrical contact with the base all around the perifiery, it's all for nought...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Have you tried it?

Put your keys in a metal box and take the box to your car and press the buttin on the door handle. You may be surprised to see it unlock. Many metal bozes have a clear laquer over the metal...

So unless the lid makes good electrical contact with the base all around the perifiery, it's all for nought...
havnt tried it i think its more to limit the range of the remote as the vehicle is close range but the remote is long range, but there are proper key boxes for it, or ive herd tin foil can work we have used that to isolate some modules from interference from spark leads before

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
My keys are about 10 meters away from the car and it won't unlock unless I get the key and stand beside the door.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the proximity sensor requires the key to be within about 6 feet.
its a software error in the op's vehicle.

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
when ever i park my car i go old school and pull out the club steering lock, not much else i can do, no rota button to pull out LOL

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
havnt tried it i think its more to limit the range of the remote as the vehicle is close range but the remote is long range, but there are proper key boxes for it, or ive herd tin foil can work we have used that to isolate some modules from interference from spark leads before
Yeah, I've tried wrapping the key in aluminium foil and then putting it in a small metal square tin. Then when holding the tin near the door with the wrapped key inside, the bloody door opens when pressing the door handle button :rolleyes:

Yet to try the same after removing the clear coat from around the matin surfaces of the tin lid and tin body. Doing that should ensure full electrical contact between the two halves of what is in essence a faraday cage :p

But it may be simpler to just go old school and use a club lock which has a visual deterent about it :cool:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I do one better.... I pull one of the relays out under the bonnet. The car wont start at all

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Alot of these suggestions don't prevent someone actually opening a car door and helping themselves to any goodies inside...

The original post seem to revolve around people opening the door and helping themselves...

Then again, I might be reading it wrong too....