Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone know of manual to change timing chain or is my problem not even timing chain

bobby001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
the guys in dandenong its dandy roadworthy centre 97931645

trebble99

Reaction score
Members Ride
vesv6s2
Thats not a bad price go to a dealer and it will cost you a lot more.like me it pays to have a dealer mechanic in the family,lol,good luck mate hope you get it done for a good price.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
I know holden has brought out software upgrades for 07/08/10/11 ve v6 for error codes on timing chains so they dont need chain until this software upgrade has been installed, only 09 ve v6 need timing chains. for dtc p0008 set.
I would recommend paying the hours labour charge for new software upgrade first than spending many thousand of dollars repair on chains.

The software is just going to delay the problem, may as well take the bullet and do it now.

VEdriver59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE, 09 of 2008, Omega, Auto, 3.6 Litre, 6 Cylinder
I know holden has brought out software upgrades for 07/08/10/11 ve v6 for error codes on timing chains so they dont need chain until this software upgrade has been installed, only 09 ve v6 need timing chains. for dtc p0008 set.
I would recommend paying the hours labour charge for new software upgrade first than spending many thousand of dollars repair on chains.

How do ya get this work done, local garrage or stealership?

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
all fixed... cost me $1700 for the job from peerless auto in Melbourne.

matt14390

Reaction score
Members Ride
rc
Hi does anyone have the chain removal and install procedure? thanks

TOMCAT85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV -Redline, Herron White.

Was this software for SIDI motors aswell do you know?

Bobbus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hey I had same issue with my VZ and am just in the process of changing the chains. Found a nifty little guide in a pDF from Nasson I think who also sell the kits. There is a few little tricks like overcoming needing the $300 harmonic balance puller. nason.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Alloytech-VACC.pdfhope this helps. I havnt worked on a car in 20yrs but I wasnt paying the quoted 4.5 K to do job so I figure all i got to lose is my patience and skin off my knuckles possibly even my sanity but thats holding up for now.:boxing: