Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 SV6 SIDI - Timing Chain

Galfra_1972

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Auto
Hi All. First time poster. There’s been a plethora of threads regarding timing chains on the VE’s, and now VF’s. I’ve owned my VE since new (August 2011) and the timing chain has finally given up the ghost after 208,000km of relatively trouble free motoring. My regular mechanic is not too keen to replace the chain so, I need feedback from this community on a reputable mechanic who has a heap of experience replacing chains. Located South West Sydney. Cheers.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Since your mechanic won’t attempt the replacement,
Ring around and source some quotes.
Prices should be in the ball park of $1,200 > $1,800, depends who you call.
Check the feedback on your local mechanics, & the ones you call.

suprim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2010 Commodore Omega - Series 1
Hi All. First time poster. There’s been a plethora of threads regarding timing chains on the VE’s, and now VF’s. I’ve owned my VE since new (August 2011) and the timing chain has finally given up the ghost after 208,000km of relatively trouble free motoring. My regular mechanic is not too keen to replace the chain so, I need feedback from this community on a reputable mechanic who has a heap of experience replacing chains. Located South West Sydney. Cheers.
Hi

Wondering if you were able find mechanic to replace timing chain… could you please share your experience and detail. My VE2010 commodore need timing chain replaced as well. Thanks