Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ap racing callipers

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The biggest braking improvement you will have in normal driving is by using the front brakes you already have installed and leaving the rears as they are. Better rear brakes will only give you a marginal improvement that does not justify the additional expense. If you want to take your car racing on weekends, that's a different matter.

Mattyboy2117

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Calais sports wagon
Yeah I really only wanted it for the looks. Because the single pot callipers look horrible behind my wheels

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
As said, the rears don't work nearly as hard as the front brakes. In 2005, the front and rear AP 4 spot kit cost me $7600. I'd imagine the costs would be north of that now. I have changed the front pads twice but never needed to change the rears, they have about 1/2 the meat still on them.
You could paint the rears you have to suit with high temp caliper paint or send them off for powder coating, it would make the car look more balanced visually. Really depends how much you want to spend to make it look cool.

Reactions: Lex