Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Apprentices/Traineeships...

BeNoS

PROUDLY ON THE PUSHY
Reaction score
Members Ride
1000hp trek pushie (on a good day)
yeah im at tafe at the moment not at this very time but am doin automotive and tafe is alot better than school i mean i dropped out of school cause i hated it so much but dont mind tafe cause u r learnin bout sumfin that interests u and that makes it alot easier as as for the tricks and **** u just gotta learn to laugh it off and find a way to get em back it makes it great fun and u may even meet sum decent ppl there

badger__rox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VnExecutive
yer buddie trade school is a peice of piss its pretty easy just mainly practical stuff.. i go a week a month (but only 4 days now) trade school is well worth it you get to have the best preve on the hair dressers.. well at dande ya do.. but the teacher are tossers there is a couple ofgood ones.. it nuttin like school.. a bit of book work but if ya keep out of trouble n just cruise thru the work the quicker ya get ya ticket nd get on the big cash but being 18 would kinda suck on first yr wages i think i was earning like $250 or so a week on first yr.. so yer.. if you enjoy something n think you can stick thru 4 yrs before ya start getting decent money then yer..

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
my self im a Apprentise panel beater, i enjoy doing it even though its a pig of a job.
the pay is crap but like everything you start at the bottom and work up, if you truly love the job you will stay till your finished and are a tradesman.

trade school i thought would be crap but it is really good, im surrounded by people that enjoy the same passion of cars as me and you make new friends.
there is genrally no bullys there as you are all there to do the same thing and here in SA the classes are only small (5-10 people).
you constantyl dont have to see the people at trade school you might only require to see them for a few days every couple months or once every fortnight(depening on how yours is set up)

i personally love trade school, i get paid to be there at normally pay rate and all that i do is muck around with the people while also learning some new things. the enviroment is really relaxed and the teachers do not really care if you bludge or muck around as long as you show you are capable at doing the work and to there standerds.
bonus is also we have 3 breaks thought the day, smokeO in the morning for 20 minutes, then a hour lunch and another smokeO.
better then the 30 minute lunch at work and 15 minute smokeO in the morning

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
does anyone know what refrigeration is like to do as a trade?

see fridgies around the place everywhere i go, usualy guy's working for hte likes of hasties, bakers, or macalpine hausman. they dont complain. earn good coin also

now as for the apprentice mechanie, well, um, if you dont go to tafe you wont get a nationaly recogonised trade. tafe is a different enviroment. people dont bully ya, they are pretty cool people are there to learn their respective trade/course. and if they do bully ya, you speak to someone, unlike school where teachers dont care, at tafe they gotta. so think about it

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
for some reaon I thought you were both electrician and a fridgie Garth. Who do we have on here that is a fridgie?

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
man i love tafe purving on apprentice hair dresses compations with the boys to see how many schooners i could drink in our lunch hour it was 8 or 9 buy the way lol those were the days

GLD-086

Reaction score
I'm actually doing a course at Tafe that combines the first year of a trade, and year 12.:thumbsup:

I'm doing Fitting, and Machining. It's really good, but hard doing two things at once.

There's alot of ******** apprentices, but I ignore them.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
yeah that is what im worried about, I could handle the idiots in year 11 mucking around but i dunno.... might give IT a shot, got my Cert II anyways... still no work around here :(

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
IT's good to do, geeks dont have the strengh to bully other people:D

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
lol they are all too busy plying World Of Warcraft (BTW I hate that game lol- I'm only 20% nerd, 80% cool-in my eyes anyway). I'll keep an eye out for any automotive work still of course.