Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Approximate value

vicfontaine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6 auto
Hi all,
My 2014 VF SV6 auto sedan has done less than 22,000km. I need to reconsider my insurance policy so would like to know what you think its current value is.

Thanks

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Hi all,
My 2014 VF SV6 auto sedan has done less than 22,000km. I need to reconsider my insurance policy so would like to know what you think its current value is.

Thanks
We have a MY14 VF CalaisV (V6) handed down from my parents who bought it new in Dec 2013. It has just ticked over the 70k.
insurance company automatically put $24830 on it when I took it over 12 months ago today. This year‘s renewal just paid was for a value of $24300…so no arguments from me.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Hi all,

Thanks
My MY16 VF2 SV6 wagon is insured with RAA in SA for a market value policy is valued at 28k, more than I expected.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Hi all,

Thanks
Redbook should be able to give you a good idea of what your car could be worth. Use that along with an insurance company's quote of market value and you should have a fair understanding of the actual value of the car.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
RedBook won’t have a published value which has such low km’s … on the site their prices will be for a car having travelled average km’s per year.

Having much lower mileage than normal leads to a hard-to-predict value; because the low km’s have such different value to different potential buyers.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sounds like you need to drive the car a lot more to me. If we say value of 20k it has already lost half of the new car price but driven less than 10% of its potential.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
If it's for insurance and your going for an agreed value you really have to go for the upper end if you can afford it. Have a look on carsales and find a vehicle similar that you would have to consider as a replacement if your car is written off

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Sounds like you need to drive the car a lot more to me. If we say value of 20k it has already lost half of the new car price but driven less than 10% of its potential.
I had a meeting in the city (Adelaide) I had to attend the other day and took my "daily driver" SV6 wagon.

As I reached the city, the odometer clicked over 30,000km's and I did a few laps looking for a parking spot. After finding a parking spot with the least potential for someone to run into the car or open their doors on it and dent it, I was about 6 streets and 15-minute walk away from the meeting and thought I'd rather driven a bunky car to the city that didn't matter what happened to it.

After the meeting and 15-minute walk back to the car in my safe parking spot, a nearly 8 year old VF2 wagon sitting in the street that almost looks brand new, was an inspiring sight to take a memorial photo of the mighty Holden we can't buy new anymore!

If you've got a mint VF, the more you drive it, the faster you wear it out and the more vulnerable it is for someone else to stuff it up, then what?

20240313_171213.jpg

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I had a meeting in the city (Adelaide) I had to attend the other day and took my "daily driver" SV6 wagon.

As I reached the city, the odometer clicked over 30,000km's and I did a few laps looking for a parking spot. After finding a parking spot with the least potential for someone to run into the car or open their doors on it and dent it, I was about 6 streets and 15-minute walk away from the meeting and thought I'd rather driven a bunky car to the city that didn't matter what happened to it.

After the meeting and 15-minute walk back to the car in my safe parking spot, a nearly 8 year old VF2 wagon sitting in the street that almost looks brand new, was an inspiring sight to take a memorial photo of the mighty Holden we can't buy new anymore!

If you've got a mint VF, the more you drive it, the faster you wear it out and the more vulnerable it is for someone else to stuff it up, then what?

View attachment 265412
If you have a mint VF and don't drive it I'm pretty sure one day you will wish you did.
I mean, what are you saving it for? If somebody offered you a low km stream engine tomorrow for only 25,000 bucks would you buy it? That's a very good price for a steam engine you know?