Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are any JC members affected by the floods?

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
The price of fuel has gone up so I would say food will also.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
LOL the price of fuel goes up and down with the sun.

Media keeps quoteing the damages of houses.

Lets hear how much $$ has been lost in crops.

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
fuggin the floods in QLD are so localised its not funny, get on near maps and have a look.
It sucks, but Brisbane is hardly a disaster zone.

There is more country victoria under water at the moment then there is Brisbane. Farm land. Where your food comes from.

Brisbane just has allot of houses ruined. Woop.

U Have no idea bout the floods here do u cause it has effected most of QLD since Christmas not localised not just Brisbane

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
fuggin the floods in QLD are so localised its not funny, get on near maps and have a look.

There is more country victoria under water at the moment then there is Brisbane. Farm land. Where your food comes from.

are you kidding me... big woop? 3/4 of QLD was declared flooded(thats bigger than all of Victoria). We have lost a shite load or crops and farms aswell. Alot of Maccas have closed, supermarkets have no milk left and wont for possible months. Meat is low, fuel is low, fruit and veg is low. Brisbane wasnt even hit as bad as others. Toowoomba, Gympie, Maryborough. All further north and have all of our farming and animals as well as the poor bastards that have lost all of their homes, businesses, land, livestock and in some cases family and friends to the flooding. Power has been cut from places since the start of the floods and they still have no power, this includes parts of Brisbane. 60,000 homes are destroyed from the floods. 30+ have died from the floods and still over 80 i believe have been washed away and are 'missing'. The tides are still high around people are still flooded in. Most flooding is goign down now but we have the clean up now going. CLean is estimated to take 2 years to clean up Brisbane to what it used to be. hundreds of businesses have had no choice but to stop trade now aswell.

Also my grandparents house got damaged and they almost got taken too.

big woop? F**king right it is a big woop, you have no idea and how dare you say that you selfish *****.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay, I apologise for the miscommunication.

I was commenting ONLY on Brisbane. The way the media have portrayed it is a bit over the top IMO. The rest of QLD has my sympathy.

And yes, Big woop to Brisbane. A few flooded houses aint going to worry the country. No food will though.

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2

I don't generally get into arguments on here but mate pull your head in! Most of your fruit an veg comes from Queensland. An most of those farms are either still underwater or ruined!! You say big woop?? You seriously have no idea on what it's like to stand in your street an watch your home an belongings disappear!! Yes I'm well aware there are flooding across Australia an I'm not saying Queensland deserves more attention than any other state. But you really need to show some heart!! But you'll never understand till it happens to you.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh jesus here we go.
Most of my fruit an veg?
really?

So all the fruit thats grown with in a 400kmh radius of where I am RIGHT NOW doesn't count?

Read my last post. Comments were directed at the media's attention to BRISBANE. Sure it sucks for the people there. But at the end of the day, its just a some flooded houses.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not on the news I've seen.
And you're a dick head for making a comment like that, tell me where I've directly said sucked in too bad to the residents that have lost things?

The whole time all I've said is that in the scheme of things Brisbane is inconsequential. Which it is.

Talk about sooks.