Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are these Bendix Ultimate's or General Pads?

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
I purchased a pair of Bendix "Ultimate" pad's off eBay but I think they might be General CT's. The part # on the pad is:

DB1085 BMXP FF 408205.

Does anyone know whether these are Ultimate's or General CT's?

cheers

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
when my missus gets up in the morning i will log onto here parts catalog as she runs a clutch and brake shop and check those numbers out. if you have a pic of both sides of the pad we should be able to see as the ultimates have a noticeable pad

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
is there a funky stripe on the face of the pads? if so, theyre gct's, if not theyre ultimates. pretty sure the ultimates havent gone to titanium stripe yet.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
AutoBarn guy talked me out of getting these pads, Tells me they take to long to warm up and I'm not Michael Schumacher stopping from 250kmh.
So i went for the Advance pads and now the RDA kangaroo paw disc's are warp :eek:.

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
Here's the go...

I bought these pads off eBay for $55 and they were suppose to be brand new but they have obviously been used for approx 1000km - 5000km as the original pad surface has disc wear and they're about 1mm skinnier than new ones. I therefore emailed the seller and he agreed to refund me $20. However, I'm thinking now that there probably not Ultimate's because the part code on the pad's are very similar to the pad's already on my car. (I doubt the previous owner would have purchased Ultimate's...).

I can't see any strip...The pads came in a ultimate box but appear to be "old stock" because the cardboard box design looks old so I'm not sure if Bendix used strips back then...plus there used.

Also, would it be a bad idea to install used pads???

If so I will ask for a full refund.

Last edited:

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
pics.............

Attachments

• IMGA091022.jpg
    IMGA091022.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 569
  • IMGA09122.jpg
    IMGA09122.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 548

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
In Australia, if they are ceramics they will have DB1085GCT on the box. ( The C.T being ceramic technology). I suspect the letters after the part number BMXP may stand for Bendix Metal, ie a 4WD pad. I am unsure about the 6 digit number also as Bendix has a generic part number and all sellers use the same code (DB1085GCT etc).
I can call my supplier on Monday and check it out further if you like.

Tabitha

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
thanks for your help. If no one else can give me answer then yeh if you could check that would be great. I tried to call Bendix yesterday but there helpdesk was having technical difficulties. I have a feeling there the older style general ones. I think they were called Bendix General.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Can i ask why you would buy brake pads off ebay??? Why not just go to a parts outlet and get a set.....atleast then you KNOW they are new and are what you want!!

Do yourself a favour, cut your losses and go to a shop and buy a new set!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
most people say to stay clear of bendix anyways. don't know why but that what i see in every thread that mentions bendix. aparently they create a lot of dust and are hard on rotors, but then i guess they gotta be doing something to do that:p