Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
ok ill try clear things up for you a bit
"I'm here talking to a bloke that was hanging around the area late at night. Goes home, comes back out an 1/2 an hour to an hour later and smells smoke."

= was out the front of my house with 10 people about 10-20 houses from the milkbar on a 25 degree night having a laugh and chat abut things missus went home then some of the others then the last friends went.

"Runs to the shop"
= only once my mate called me about it being on fire after ringing 000

"Raises the alarm"
= my mate the last one to leave (ex firey also) rang 000 then rang me

"starts touching windows"
= only once the first firey was on scene with us right by the windows of the ajoining hous not the shop trying to get in to get anyone at home out of there

"is ssen by people running away from the store after an explosion is heard."
= only that same first firefighter on scene and my mate

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
ok ill try clear things up for you a bit
"I'm here talking to a bloke that was hanging around the area late at night. Goes home, comes back out an 1/2 an hour to an hour later and smells smoke."

= was out the front of my house with 10 people about 10-20 houses from the milkbar on a 25 degree night having a laugh and chat abut things missus went home then some of the others then the last friends went.

"Runs to the shop"
= only once my mate called me about it being on fire after ringing 000

"Raises the alarm"
= my mate the last one to leave (ex firey also) rang 000 then rang me

"starts touching windows"
= only once the first firey was on scene with us right by the windows of the ajoining hous not the shop trying to get in to get anyone at home out of there

"is ssen by people running away from the store after an explosion is heard."
= only that same first firefighter on scene and my mate

You missed my point, besides I'm not investigating you, you don't have to justify anything to me...

There's always three sides to a story, your side, the other guys side and the truth, cos we all see things in different ways.

The cop's job is to get your story, then find out what he can to either support or dissmiss it.

I'm just trying to give an idea as to what he may have been thinking. I personally thing you did the right thing. Good on you for trying your best. It would be a better place for all of us if we all looked out for each other a bit more!!!

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
not so much of a police question more of a opion... why is it that l-platers now have to do a 100 hours for there log book to get more experience on the roads, when you see japanese people who cant drive for **** on our roads all the time? surely the government should test them some how before they should be allowed to drive

Thread Validated by 12Voltking

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I drove down to tassie from brissie the other week and when i got home i had two speeding fines from victoria, one of them was for 106 in a 100 zone, is this normal? Up here in queensland i regularly drive past marked cars at 67-68 odd in 60 zones and same goes for speed cameras. If this is the norm down there how little over will they book you for?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
if you are under 100kmph then its 3km slack once you hit anything 4+kmph over the limit you can be booked.
over 100 its 3% of the total speed allowance.
so pretty much the state has included that you speedo will be 3% accurate in its laws.

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
I too have recieved a ticket from the lovely victorian sub-contractors...

74 in a 70...

They can do it, as the instruments are accurate to +/- 3 kph and they are not legally required to take into consideration your speedo accuracy requirements. Police however, do have to, as it is part of their SOPS to take speedo inaccuray into consideration when writing tickets for speed offences.

I for one think it is a bit of a joke, that kind of tolerance doesn't even allow for the error you can make in reading your speedo slightly off centre, ie parallax error.

Anyway, that's what the law allows down there, I just copped mine on the chin and paid it, even though I didn't agree with it...

johnnyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF V6 Falcon
Hi,

Just after xmas... I was stupid enough to be speeding (clocked at 112 in a 70 zone). I told the copper that I sped up a little to get through the amber light, but didn't brake enough down the hill and just let the car coast down to the speed limit. He'd obviously clocked me at my fastest when I got down the hill:(

Anyway, I was wondering how accurate those laser guns are, I thought they weren't meant to be used from up on a hill? Also heard that that coppers in vic are meant to have their caps on when they get out of their cars? OH&S or something? I tried for about 15 mins... asking him very nicely to drop the fine down a little (6 month license suspension) but he wouldn't budge. Does the data off those radar's get looked at?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hi,

Just after xmas... I was stupid enough to be speeding (clocked at 112 in a 70 zone). I told the copper that I sped up a little to get through the amber light, but didn't brake enough down the hill and just let the car coast down to the speed limit. He'd obviously clocked me at my fastest when I got down the hill:(

Anyway, I was wondering how accurate those laser guns are, I thought they weren't meant to be used from up on a hill? Also heard that that coppers in vic are meant to have their caps on when they get out of their cars? OH&S or something? I tried for about 15 mins... asking him very nicely to drop the fine down a little (6 month license suspension) but he wouldn't budge. Does the data off those radar's get looked at?

You are an idiot, a true idiot. Speeding up to get through a changing light? by 40 km/h? haha.
As for those laser guns, they are accurate whether you a re on a hill or on a push bike.
Police do NOT have to wear their cap when they get out of their car.

The fact you know you were wrong makes it even funnier, i hope they slap you with an even bigger fine and licence loss, it is just plain stupidity. People like you do not deserve the right to a licence.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Hi,

Thanks for keeping me in a job. You are the reason we have red light speed cameras in Victoria. Why didn't you just tell the copper your foot slipped or the pedal got stuck?

Police head dress is to be worn where practicable but not when it compromises operational duties at the time. And even if they were point blank like they used to, it still wouldn't get you out of a ticket so don't even try it.

What were you hoping for? They made a mistake? You showed a blatant disregard for your own and other road users safety. Had you crashed (and it wouldn't be an accident knackers, it would be a crash) who knows what carnage you could have caused. Totally irresponsible.

Last edited: