Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
While we are on the subject of recruiting:

Once you have met all the recruitment criterias, interviews and tests are next on the list. this is something they don't sort of go into much detail on the website...

Is there like a recommended dummy test you can do to prepare yourself for the written test? Is it very academic or more testing your mental maturity or what?

Verbal Interview: is this like an intimidating panel firing questions at you?

Are you expected to have higher than normal intelligence?

The test in victoria is aimed at people with an IQ above 95, which is a majority of Australians. I wouldn't think it would be much different across the country.

bjvan2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 30th anniversary ea ford wagon
im in the security industry and need to deal with the coppers on a fairly regular basis. Y is it when there is a break in or, seay hoons running amok that when the feds r called they turn up 1 to 2 hrs later?

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
Mate you need a few things...

Thirdly, slightly above average, level of fitness...

police have to be fit??i see pleanty of police who are overwieght and wouldnt be able to catch there hat if it falls off in the wind. My question is this.... going along this road the other day and there are white reflectors like normal, but everynow and then theres a blue one, is there any point to this?

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
im in the security industry and need to deal with the coppers on a fairly regular basis. Y is it when there is a break in or, seay hoons running amok that when the feds r called they turn up 1 to 2 hrs later?

Cos they're Feds...

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
police have to be fit??i see pleanty of police who are overwieght and wouldnt be able to catch there hat if it falls off in the wind. My question is this.... going along this road the other day and there are white reflectors like normal, but everynow and then theres a blue one, is there any point to this?

In NSW mate, you have to be fit to pass out of the Academy, you also have to pass a body fat test. Then to come of your probation period you have to pass it all again.

I have been in a while now and I've never been asked to do another test. Its unfortunate, but once you are cemented in the the job, if they were to make fitness demands upon us they would have to come up with the dough! Ie Gym memberships, gym's in the stations, running shoes, blah blah... And they simply won't pay up. The only way most cops would have time to go to the gym (those that have families that is) is if it were at work and they just did half an houir or something at the end of a shift.

There is no gym at all were I am, the nearest one is 130 km's away. But I'd say I'm still reasonably fit. Only one bloke has got a way from me so far when legging it and he was one of our star footy players. He just came in and handed himself in 30 minutes later anyway...

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I understand that incidents like that wouldn't be tolerated.

...I just thought that Helly meant you can't even have "special cuddles" with your missus. LOL sounds funny now that I think about it...:yeah:

Not on campus you can't... No naughty stuff at the Academy at all these days. Doesn't matter if its your new girlfriend/boyfriend/20th anniversary/testing out your new vasectomy or whatever.

You cannot participate in sexual relations at the academey with your partner, other students, or anyone!

When you go home, you can do what you bloody well like. But if you do it on the grounds, you get shown the door.

Notreally fair for the single ones, but hey that's life.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

in SA the blue reflecters mark out fire hydrants. Someone else posted up on here in the SA section. They also said they'll be a little off centre, so the fireys know which side of the road it is on.

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
in SA the blue reflecters mark out fire hydrants. Someone else posted up on here in the SA section. They also said they'll be a little off centre, so the fireys know which side of the road it is on.

They are also used in high altitude ares where there is a lot of fog and snow.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I apologise if this question has already been answered, but I have installed a 2 inch gauge in a cup on top of my dash. Before I did so I phoned the local police station to ask about the legality of this but the bloke I spoke to didn't seem to know and didn't seem to care either.

Now this ties in with those stick-on-windshield GPS units (I have one of those also). Would I be right in suggesting that if the gauge on my dash is not legal, then neither are the windscreen mount GPS units?

A few people have told me I am going to get defected for the gauge but the officer I spoke to did say that he couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't be legal. I am not sure where I stand on this one and if the gauge is NOT legal then does the same apply to GPS units?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Go to the Qld Transport Web site, someone posted a link to this, possibly in this thread, which has the details of allowable light vehicle modifications (for QLD)

Down here its heavily debated that you can't place anything on your dash, ie SAT NAV, Gauges, Fuzzy Dice... But if that were an absolute how do Holden and Ford get away with there performance gauges in the centre of the dash, and how do we get away with our radar and light controls...

If it 'really' obstructs your vision then you are going to have to think about it, is it really necessary and is it going to stop you from seeing that pedestrian just to the right???

Point brought up at some stage that might help above question...