Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
How do i report a VERY noisy car that roars in and out of my court almost every week day(he works with one of my neighbours)?Sunbury cops say EPA and EPA say cop shop.:bang:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
report the car to both, say to the cops that he's doing burnouts ( which, by the sounds of things, he could be doing anyway ) and say to the EPA that the car is blowing a ****load of smoke.

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
blown VS executive SII, 5sp
So basically you are saying to lie and dob the guy in for two things which he obviously hasn't done. That is a really crappy way of going about getting your own way. I say if neither the EPA or the cops want to waste their time with the true complaints then you shouldn't be wasting their resources following up falsities, not to mention the poor guy who has to talk his way out a situation because someone has not only "seen" him doing burnouts in the area, but can identify the car. That is a really selfish attempt at addressing the problem.

When you say weekday, do you mean some ungodly hour that wakes you from your slumber or a time when your already awake. If it is a normal hour then i suggest you go and get yourself a nice cold glass of harden up princess and live that 10sec of your day gracefully without making a scene. Hell there are alot worse things out there to have to deal with than a bad noise for 10sec out of your day.

If it is at a time that wakes you up then yes something needs to be done. I would suggest talking to your neighbor to express your concerns and maybe he could get his workmate to drive the car in a more sensible fashion to keep the noise to a minimum or come to some other arrangement. Maybe as an absolute last resort you could go for the above mentioned tactics.

If the car is illegally loud then he will get caught for it in due course, making up lies about him to get him in trouble out of spite is not the way deal with the situation.

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
How do i report a VERY noisy car that roars in and out of my court almost every week day(he works with one of my neighbours)?Sunbury cops say EPA and EPA say cop shop.:bang:

Its a straight out COP matter. If they aren't wiling to do anything and you feel strongly enough about it then make a complaint about the car to your local member... He/She will surely find out who is responsible and get some results.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Its a straight out COP matter. If they aren't wiling to do anything and you feel strongly enough about it then make a complaint about the car to your local member... He/She will surely find out who is responsible and get some results.

Thanks for that.:thumbsup:

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
So basically you are saying to lie and dob the guy in for two things which he obviously hasn't done. That is a really crappy way of going about getting your own way. I say if neither the EPA or the cops want to waste their time with the true complaints then you shouldn't be wasting their resources following up falsities, not to mention the poor guy who has to talk his way out a situation because someone has not only "seen" him doing burnouts in the area, but can identify the car. That is a really selfish attempt at addressing the problem.

When you say weekday, do you mean some ungodly hour that wakes you from your slumber or a time when your already awake. If it is a normal hour then i suggest you go and get yourself a nice cold glass of harden up princess and live that 10sec of your day gracefully without making a scene. Hell there are alot worse things out there to have to deal with than a bad noise for 10sec out of your day.

If it is at a time that wakes you up then yes something needs to be done. I would suggest talking to your neighbor to express your concerns and maybe he could get his workmate to drive the car in a more sensible fashion to keep the noise to a minimum or come to some other arrangement. Maybe as an absolute last resort you could go for the above mentioned tactics.

If the car is illegally loud then he will get caught for it in due course, making up lies about him to get him in trouble out of spite is not the way deal with the situation.

Vq statesman same as mine.****en loud,I got EPAed recently myself i had no rear muffler a gutted cat and was half as loud as this POS.Rips in the court at 7am holding it in gear(its a manual),parks it then revs it up before turning it off.Leaves at 4pm in the same manor.We live in a small court with 15 children in it and its right after school.Now do you think im worried about nothing?I do not need to ****en harden up.I try to do it the right way and if that doesnt work i cave the dogs head in.GET THE PICTURE?

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate chill out, no need to get ansy, obviously you are more concerned about the way he is driving in an area with alot of children which is fair enough but i thought you were just concerned about the noise. Anyways I had more of a problem with the guy telling you to make up stories about him just to get him in trouble. I just think that is a ****ed way of dealing with it. Have you tried talking to him about it?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Mate chill out, no need to get ansy, obviously you are more concerned about the way he is driving in an area with alot of children which is fair enough but i thought you were just concerned about the noise. Anyways I had more of a problem with the guy telling you to make up stories about him just to get him in trouble. I just think that is a ****ed way of dealing with it. Have you tried talking to him about it?

I agree you should try talking to him about it...with a baseball bat to the skull.

No need to talk to these idiots driving like they think they are Mark Skaife in built up areas.

Adam, do as i do, report to the police that they are driving very dangerously in a built up area, after enough phone calls they will come out at the times you say he does it and get caught. I did it with the morons up the road who liked to do 80+ in a 50 zone around a sweeping bend. 2 of them got caught for 85 in a 50 zone :p

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Does he leave the car out? You could always "disable" it...

Tadgh

itsjustasix
Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree you should try talking to him about it...with a baseball bat to the skull.

Yeah cause violence is definately the best way to deal with everything, it sets a stellar example for the kiddies you are so dedicated to protecting and definately helps you take a step up to that high moral ground your preaching about. Think about it if you go and do something like that you are just as much of an idiot as this dude.