Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Ive got a Hypothetical for Helly, lets say I know someone who got flashed by a speed camera on the highway over 40km over the speed limit with their opens in QLD, I read that there is a $700 fine, 8 points and 6 month suspension due. Do you know if the person would get a good behavior licence opportunity for 1 year on 1 point or would they HAVE to serve 6 month suspension? Thanks in advance.

instant suspension for 6 months and the fine. the 1 point is avialible only if your licence is a means of income ie taxi driver courier etc. not getting to and from work.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
instant suspension for 6 months and the fine. the 1 point is avialible only if your licence is a means of income ie taxi driver courier etc. not getting to and from work.
When I lost 4 points as a P plater I was given the choice of a 3 month licence suspension or 1 point good behavior, it had nothing to do with what I did for a living. Is this a different circumstance?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Yeah I lost 4 when I got caught, when your a P plater you have 4 points, opens have 12, but is an automatic loss if your 40k's over no matter how many points you have. Same with drink driving - automatic on the spot loss of licence.

Because you and I lost our full available 4 points and no more while on P’s, you have the choice of either 3 months or a whole year good behaviour. Get caught in that year and you lose it for 6 months plus a fine. Drive in that six months and I think its 2 years plus a BIG **** off fine something alone the liners of $2500. After that you meet big bad bubba in jail.

You can elect to challenge the suspension if it will affect your living. It you'll lose your job over the matter. If you've got a perfect driving record, depending on the offence they may let "your friend" lol off with the one point probation. You'll only have one point for however long the judge says for plus any other extra restrictions implemented. Example, not being able to carry passengers, only driving at curtain times etc

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Yeah I lost 4 when I got caught, when your a P plater you have 4 points, opens have 12, but is an automatic loss if your 40k's over no matter how many points you have. Same with drink driving - automatic on the spot loss of licence.

Because you and I lost our full available 4 points and no more while on P’s, you have the choice of either 3 months or a whole year good behaviour. Get caught in that year and you lose it for 6 months plus a fine. Drive in that six months and I think its 2 years plus a BIG **** off fine something alone the liners of $2500. After that you meet big bad bubba in jail.

You can elect to challenge the suspension if it will affect your living. It you'll lose your job over the matter. If you've got a perfect driving record, depending on the offence they may let "your friend" lol off with the one point probation. You'll only have one point for however long the judge says for plus any other extra restrictions implemented. Example, not being able to carry passengers, only driving at curtain times etc
Thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII

I remember QLD having that when I used to live there.

Nothing like that in Victoria though. I get people coming into the station or ringing up and asking because they've done their licence but need it for some work purpose.

Here, once it's gone, it's gone.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
When I lost 4 points as a P plater I was given the choice of a 3 month licence suspension or 1 point good behavior, it had nothing to do with what I did for a living. Is this a different circumstance?

We have that in Victoria as well. It's a 12 month demerit point bond option.

If you're facing a suspension because of accumulated points you get sent a letter allowing you to take the option. You either cop the three month suspension or take the option and if you don't receive any penalties that come with points in that period, you're good to go.

However, get a ticket with demerits in that time, you're suspended for longer than you would have been before.

I'm sure though that the option isn't available for people who cop a ticket from a drink driving offence. The lowest penalty for drink driving here is a ticket with 10 demerit points. That's for readings of 0.05 to 0.07 and 26 years or over, excluding probationary licenced drivers.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Well Victoria kind of has a work licence, good behaviour situation. If you lose all your points you are given two options.

1. Good behaviour. Which is 1 point for 12 months. If you lose (or gain) that one point, your licence will be suspended for double what it normally would.

2. Take whatever suspension they throw at you.

Although that doesn't work for the "mandatory sentences", only when you have no more points left.

Speeding is too expensive and inconvenient for me nowadays. $133 and 1 point, isn't worth it.

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
Can a cop go to someones work and walk in and tell them to take their car down to the station at lunch time so they can defect it?

also is someone allowed to go to the police station and request records of all of their fines/traffic infringment notices, and defect notices for their car.