Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
What's the go on displaying rego stickers? Mine was falling off so I reapplied it with some double sided tape, under the blue tint at the top windshield, I like it there because I can hardly see it, for that reason I imagine it could be a no no?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
What's the go on displaying rego stickers? Mine was falling off so I reapplied it with some double sided tape, under the blue tint at the top windshield, I like it there because I can hardly see it, for that reason I imagine it could be a no no?

As long as it's visible from the outside when a cop goes to check it, you can put it on your passenger side window or your front windscreen.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto

Is it illegal to put new your rego sticker thats paid for, on 2-3 days before the old one runs out?

My current sticker is hanging off also about half way and aside from using better tape, it pops off after a while, especially in heat.

My rego is due now in 2 days and i've paid for it and written the receipt number on the sticker, but not sure if its ok to shove on the window yet.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Is it illegal to put new your rego sticker thats paid for, on 2-3 days before the old one runs out?

My current sticker is hanging off also about half way and aside from using better tape, it pops off after a while, especially in heat.

My rego is due now in 2 days and i've paid for it and written the receipt number on the sticker, but not sure if its ok to shove on the window yet.

You can put your new rego sticker on as soon as it's paid for because it says date of expiry on it, cops can check if you weren't registered before hand.

GIJoel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
As long as it's visible from the outside when a cop goes to check it, you can put it on your passenger side window or your front windscreen.

terrible camera, but arguably that's visible. I'm not trying to be a prick :p

IMG_0456[1].jpg

Yay or nay?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
terrible camera, but you get the idea

View attachment 139960

Yay or nay? I'm not trying to be a prick :p

I would say no, Put it on the bottom corner above your dash, it falls into the same kind of area as correctly displaying P plates, if you hide your plates under dark tint they can fine you for incorrect display. It's not worth risking it by hiding it under your tint.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
You can put your new rego sticker on as soon as it's paid for because it says date of expiry on it, cops can check if you weren't registered before hand.

Ah ok, good to know.

I just wasn't certain if that sticker would be 'valid' just yet.

If its all good, then i'll change it over this afternoon, before i forget.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Best bet is to place it in the lower passenger side of the windscreen (where it's meant to be), it's one of the first places a cop looks at when driving in the opposite direction head on to a vehicle, they look at what color it is. learnt this when i was pulled over once because the new color was close to a couple of years ago at the time (one was dark blue the other was purple).

ADR 40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina..... VEII Equipe Sportswagon
This going to be interesting for South Aussies going interstate.... they don't issue us with rego stickers anymore