Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
You have no idea where I was going with it. I want to know what the fine is for overloading with passengers in victoria because the only time I
consider overloading is when my friends need a lift home from a club and there's more of them than seats in my car, this way I can warn them how much
it could cost them when they have to pay the fine.
So if anyone has an actual answer and won't assume I'm a mindless hoon, any idea would be great.

At the end of the day your the driver of the overloaded vehicle and therefore responsible for your passengers in your car at the time are your friends going to share the dermit ponits that come with the fine and give you a lift if you lose your licence ?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Fairly certain there is a 10km leeway but if a cop pulls you over and you have a decent reason it's completely at their discretion. My missus' dad got pulled over doing 140 because there was one car doing about 70 n he got stuck behind about 30 cars n he booted it passed them all, he explained it to the cop n the cop said ok and sent him on his way.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Fairly certain there is a 10km leeway but if a cop pulls you over and you have a decent reason it's completely at their discretion. My missus' dad got pulled over doing 140 because there was one car doing about 70 n he got stuck behind about 30 cars n he booted it passed them all, he explained it to the cop n the cop said ok and sent him on his way.

I guess that makes sense, its the coppa's discretion to book you or not. The way I think is, (in an overtaking lane instance) Id rather go past at about 115-120km than just sit next to the person going 105km and slowly overtake holding up traffic that want to pass also. And then go back in the correct lane and so down..

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Do any coppers actually come in here and answer questions? lol

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
How much does anyone know about Kingswood cop cars? I've been told the dash was different, is thus so?

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
why do divy vans sound so mean? anyone else notice this?

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Do any coppers actually come in here and answer questions? lol

If you look through the pages, there was someone called VicCop, but hasn't answered in a while. Also, there's obviously no proof that they were or are a member of any police force.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Vic Cop is busy with his new wife & life. Too much bullshit goes on here, so like many others, he doesn't bother. I know him and can 100% confirm he is a Victorian Police Officer.

DeadxPatriot

What now?
Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
I think all things come down to the coppers discretion themselves. A few years back I was punching it towards Westmead hospital (syd) on a suspended license and a car came up my ars* so I gunned it more thinking it was a stupid p plater. (Commys lol) Sirens came on. Copper runs up to my window and goes how come you're speeding? I thought I was done for. I said, "my sister in law is giving birth now, Im on the way to the hospital." He let me go. Gotta see if I can use that excuse again though...