Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
further on this - is there such a thing as a "statute of limitations" for traffic offences, in Victoria?

That question I will answer as it's built into law. The statute of limitations for traffic offences (and all summary offences) in Victoria is 12 months.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
k guise this is completely off the topic of cars, but i gotta know, and i'd rather hear it from an officer then a friend who has no idea..

basicly, i've had people sayin to my mates that they wanna kick my head in.. but, they're faggots, and will only fight in a group.. now im not like that, n would rather take the beating then get my mates involved, however i'd really rather not be left in the gutter bleeding n ****.. alls i needa know, is when im on the ground, gettin my ass kicked by 3-6 people what can i do and it still be classified as self defence, i'd do nearly anything in my power to stop them, even though i'd be greatly out numbered, and probably nearly defenseless.. but its not worth going to juvi over.. so what are my limits/what should i do?

one is 18, so that means i can have him charged cause im 16 right?

Hey mate.. i only know law from the ACT however, Assult is defined as "A reasonable person in the same situation to have felt that their physical health could be threatened" ..
so if someone says to you they are going to kick your head in (in a menacing manor) and you felt threatened, then you can attempt to charge them with assult under 2 categories..
1. Tort Law: This would be if you wanted to recoup damages that you feel that you have suffered
2. Criminal: You want the person to be charged and have to repay their debt so society

Hope this helps!

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Sorry i was unsure which one to post it in.

Hey guys, this isn't related to cars but instead bikes. As it is i have read the road rules and am still unsure if it is legal or illegal in Australia and particularly in South Australia to mount a no plate on a bike as seen below

As this is how the yanks mount many of their. If i were to mount it as follow of course with a no plate light is it legal or illegal as it is displayed correctly and can we viewed from 3-18 metres.

Could anyone explain what i have missed?

Thanks
Matt.

AJ-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SIDI VE SV6
Is it illegal for cops to do burnouts? Ive seen ALLOT of videos on youtube of aussie coppers doing burnouts.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Sorry i was unsure which one to post it in.

Hey guys, this isn't related to cars but instead bikes. As it is i have read the road rules and am still unsure if it is legal or illegal in Australia and particularly in South Australia to mount a no plate on a bike as seen below

As this is how the yanks mount many of their. If i were to mount it as follow of course with a no plate light is it legal or illegal as it is displayed correctly and can we viewed from 3-18 metres.

Could anyone explain what i have missed?

Thanks
Matt.

Provided that the plate is clearly visible from the rear within the prescribed distance, I don't see a problem.

The safest option is that when you've mounted the plate, zip down to your roads authority and show a vehicle inspector. They should be able to judge best.

ManualN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I just got pulled up by a police officer claiming I was "flying". She asked if I was in a hurry, I said no, asked if I had been drinking, I said no as I was designated driver, then she said "what, so you can kill everyone?". I find this highly offensive. I was sitting 2km/h UNDER the speed limit the entire way of my trip until that point I got pulled up. I'm doing a responsible act, being a designated driver and I get mocked and insulted. I insisted I was not speeding and she claimed she had a little more experience with traffic than me. This went on for a while but I gave up.

What can I do in this situation? It was at around 2am, I saw one other car on the road and I wasn't breaking any laws including exceeding the speed limit yet this officer insisted I was. She told me to stop arguing and just take the warning. I did, but I was not speeding nor did I admit to it. She also pointed out that she had to "fang it" (her words not mine) to catch up to me. Apart from the fact that she WAS speeding the otherway (at least 85 in a 60 zone - downhill), her indicator came on moments after coming into sight of me. At that point I was going around a corner, slowly. I think she more was just looking for excitement than anything.

I did not get the officers name, but I would like to lodge a complaint about her. Is it a wise idea not to? Will it just result in her friends trying to hassle me as well? I really want a non BS answer. I respect most police officers as most have been very pleasant and respectful but I've had encounters with 2 officers so far that utterly disgusts me. I think it is wrong for this officer to have it over me when she is clearly immature and unprofessional.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If your post is 100% truthful, just let it go. If you do make a complaint, expect a fine in the mail.

I had the same thing when i first got my license, pulled over, and accused of speeding, and just given a warning. Was a load of crap, but having never dealt with the police before, just left it at that.

There will always be cops who love to throw their weight around, not much you can do about it (and since this instance didn't cost you any money, thats a good thing for now)

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Meh if she says you were speeding and did'nt give you a ticket she KNOWS you wernt speeding... This one sounds like she was board. If I was a cop I would'nt give warning's out lol.... Thing I think is funny with some and this is a very limited of SOME police man/woman say did you know thats ilegal your lucky I havent got my testing on me or your lucky were not the state traffic branch your u would get towed.

Its good haven and uncle as a detective coz I know alot of the tricks an tatic's uniformed police use to scare ppl... altho he hasnt had to bail me out of anything yet.