Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The give way to the right only works if there is one side without a car.

It also would work if the cars arrive at the intersection "within seconds of each other". The car to arrive first can go first (providing there's nobody to his right).

...That's the theory anyway. In practice, I know that some drivers are too hesitant.

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Hey Fella's, just been out cruising around checking if anyone was brave enough to be out fishing yet... anyhow on the way home this cop car goes flying passed me doing at least 100 in a 70 zone changed lanes without indicator and had no lights flashing.

So whats the drill in regard to responding to calls...? this copper blatently disregarded the road rules and the safety of the public... First thing that sprung to my mind was "he must be late for clocking off..."

I thought if any emergency services car, be it ambulance, fire brigade, or police had to have their lights flashing as a warning to other road user that they were in a hurry...whats the drill ?

Short answers today!!!

Police are not technically required by law to activate their lights or sirens when utilising their exemptions to the road rules... Ambulance & Fire is a different story. This has been discussed a few times now...

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
whats the law regarding panel damage on a car? my drivers door has a huge dent in it and cant be opened, also the window in the drivers door is missing. Also the glass on the drivers side headlight is smashed (although all the globes all work perfectly and the reflector inside is fully intact) I have been stopped plenty of times for RBT etc and nobody has ever complained about it.

Of course, i plan on getting it fixed ASAP, cuz driving with no window and having to climb over the center console to get in and out really sux. Just wondering weather its legal or not.

Its certainly a defect and a $75 fine for each, in NSW... The door damage, only because it can't be opened, otherwise there is nothing wrong with having a dent in your car, other than it looking awful...

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Who goes first at a four way stop sign if four cars approach and stop at the same time?:confused:

Ive had this happen a couple of times and everyone just sits there and arent game to go incase they cause an accident. I think its stupid to have four stop signs, at least one of them should be a give way, at least then there wouldnt be as much confusion.

It depends on what you are doing, turning, going straight ahead blah blah, and what sort of road you are on compared to the other drivers... Its not too hard to figure out if you think about it, but of course most of us don't think when we are driving, that's the problem!!!

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hello Helly.

had a few cop related incidents but they could never charge me.

That kind of intro is always a great indicator of character...

What do you expect me to say?

Well done Champion!!!

As for the rest of the post, I'd just be speculating, but my keen grasp of common sense tells me there's a whole lot more to each of those scenario's than you have described.

No point really commenting as you appear to be devinely innocent in each scenario, so I'd just say make a formal complaint through the appropriate channels.

Cheers

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
The moral of the story is that you can't hand US yourself on a platter and expect to walk away with your licence... If you speed and slow down upon seeing us, then at least you are acknowledging that you have a brain, and then we feel obliged to use ours and not be complete robots, issuing every ticket we can think of...

Thats nice to know as i was accelerating hard the other day and on sight of a higway patrol car jumped on the anchors( it helped i waxs still in second )
and slowed right down he just pointed at me and kept going :)

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Jecs- maybe you were a little hard done by in the 2nd and 3rd incidents, but that first incident- you really expect people to believe that you didnt see the cops?? They arent that hard to spot, especially in the dark. Your mate deserved his reckless driving fine, seeing as he was 'driving recklessly'

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Jecs- maybe you were a little hard done by in the 2nd and 3rd incidents, but that first incident- you really expect people to believe that you didnt see the cops?? They arent that hard to spot, especially in the dark. Your mate deserved his reckless driving fine, seeing as he was 'driving recklessly'

yea, see my mate didnt hang the tail out, he didnt do a huge burnout, he chirp'd gears (due to the shift kit) so no, i wouldnt say he was driving recklessly, he had complete control of the car. i mean i saw plenty of jap cars doing burnouts (all walked away clean) i didnt see the cops because 1.i worked all day and was tired as all hell 2.it was round 1-2 in the morning 3.i was changing songs (looking down, not in my rear view) 4. it was an undercover cop wagon 5. they wernt on my ass, they were in the car park and must of heard the chirp. if i had of saw them i wulda told my mates where he was sitting.

helly said:
That kind of intro is always a great indicator of character...

As for the rest of the post, I'd just be speculating, but my keen grasp of common sense tells me there's a whole lot more to each of those scenario's than you have described.

helly. sorry about my opening sentence, but i dont do anythin illegal (alot of good reason why too, but thats only if u wanna question them). you said i left alot of things out of the stories, tell the truth champ, i summed it up to all the serious bits. i have nuthn against cops, except when they think they dont bleed. i think its more got to do with wrong place wrong time.

my questions were is chirping gears (not speedin, not doing anythin stupid like burnouts in a busy street) a form of reckless driving?. are walkie talkies illegal for normal everyday Joe's?. and last, can a cop fine sumone for sumthin they cant prove or didnt do?.

Thanks...the
helly said:
Champion.

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
Hi, In Brisbane (i'm sure they're all over the country) we've got a few of those T3 lanes getting around where you can only drive in it if you've got 3 or more people in your car. Well what if you've got 2 people in a 2 seater vehicle. Then can you legally drive in a T3?

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi, In Brisbane (i'm sure they're all over the country) we've got a few of those T3 lanes getting around where you can only drive in it if you've got 3 or more people in your car. Well what if you've got 2 people in a 2 seater vehicle. Then can you legally drive in a T3?

In NSW, we have a lot of them, the only vehicles that have exemptions are motorbikes, taxis, buses, & emergency services. If you have a two door car, then unfotunately its bad luck, you use the other lanes...

I would guess its pretty much the same in QLD, but you'd have to look up your legislation to be sure. I'd rather find out the cheap way!