Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey Dr. Bob how you going mate,
Hope you can answer this for me, i drive a VR with the buick engine and theres this wierd tapping/clicking noise coming from under the car close to the engine itself, its hard to pin point but it taps at the same speed as you rev its not loud but you can defiantly hear it.

Thanks for the help...

sorry its a bit hard without hearing it
try getting a bit of hose & isolating that way

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
not normally no, sounds like more a case of faulty diagnosis
Ouch ... you are probably right. How about dodgy coils causing the ignition module to fail ? Is this likely? My auto electrician was ranting about how having different brands of coilpacks, or a mixture of genuine and aftermarket coilpacks can kill the ignition module - is this true ?

dave1979m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim wagon 04 3.6L
Hi Bob, You might have answered this earlier but I am too lazy to look thru 90 pages.
I have a 2004 VZ Acclaim wagon. The power train light has come on. I got it diagnosed by a regular mechanic and he said there was no fault codes coming up. He tried several times and eventually only got an ABS fault. but no powertrain or engine messages. He cleared it and it came back. I changed the left hand O2 sensor ($140) myself and cleared the message by disconnecting the battery. That cleared the message for a while but now its back. Fuel consumption is up about 2L per 100. Car starts and runs normally. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

neonizam

Reaction score
Members Ride
opel calais 2.6cc dual ram
Fuel Pump Failure:

Helpppp...
my car holden calais 2.6cc (engine type as omega B)...need to find out is there any fuel pump suitable to this model...since i have a problem to get this parts in Malaysia....

thank you

neonizam

Reaction score
Members Ride
opel calais 2.6cc dual ram
C26NE....
sorry i'm no so sure is it Omega A or B.... But this my engine code Engine code : C26NE

nizam
Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

bradyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
vn commodore motor

We have put a vn 6 cyl series 1 motor +auto in my sons vb (all registered) and it was going great for weeks ,then it put a rod through the block .I do not know the history of the motor,what would be the reason for this ??THANKS

timbenson89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
hey rob

i have a vr manual and i need a speed sensor ( 1 of the screw in ones )
does anyone one know were the best place to find one is ? ?

Thanks Tim

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
hey rob

i have a vr manual and i need a speed sensor ( 1 of the screw in ones )
does anyone one know were the best place to find one is ? ?

Thanks Tim
Repco
Bursons
Supercheap
Auto One
Rare Spares

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
We have put a vn 6 cyl series 1 motor +auto in my sons vb (all registered) and it was going great for weeks ,then it put a rod through the block .I do not know the history of the motor,what would be the reason for this ??THANKS

could have been a number of things, may have been revving too hard

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Bob, You might have answered this earlier but I am too lazy to look thru 90 pages.
I have a 2004 VZ Acclaim wagon. The power train light has come on. I got it diagnosed by a regular mechanic and he said there was no fault codes coming up. He tried several times and eventually only got an ABS fault. but no powertrain or engine messages. He cleared it and it came back. I changed the left hand O2 sensor ($140) myself and cleared the message by disconnecting the battery. That cleared the message for a while but now its back. Fuel consumption is up about 2L per 100. Car starts and runs normally. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

get the code checked using the correct tools, the generic scan tools may not be accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.