Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelw84

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs commodore spack ute
Glowing high beams

hi there,
can anyone exp;ain why my high beam is glowing while i only have my low beams going. really annoying, i was thinking that there is a dodgie earth somewhere. please help me

Raquell25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commy Man LPG only
VR Commy Manual Straight Gas Starting problem

hi Dr Bob,

My battery went flat i changed and got a new one, but now i can start the car and it turns over but when i release the key it wont stay started any sugestions i rely on my car for work in desperate need for help thankyou

VTLeahBee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Another annoying Central Locking Question

Hey everyone! Especially said Holden Tech, I think it's awesome you're willing to come in here and answer questions for people.

Anyhow, I have a problem with my VT Berlina Station Wagon (98) model, 3.6. Basically, sometimes I'll get in it, and the car will start fine. At other times, it will try to kick over, then fail. However, when I lock and then unlock again using the central locking button on my remote, it starts fine. It's an annoyance, and I'd like to fix it, but if it's going to cost some huge amount of money and I'm not risking causing some greater problem, then I'd be fine with "just putting up with it". So, I guess my question is, could this simply be a wiring issue, and can it lead to greater problems? Is it something I could fix myself, or is Holden going to charge through the nose to repair it? :lock:

While I have you, it also seems to start chugging now and then as I'm driving. Nothing extreme, but I can hear it doing so. My husband thinks it's something to do with the sparkplugs, but is unsure which tools he needs to take them out. Are sparkplugs something I can buy and replace myself? Or are they something else I have to leave to Holden Techs?

Calais1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo S2, VX Calais S2, WH Statesman LS8
VXII Calais, 6cyl, ABS Brake problem, any ideas?? please
Driving ok cold for 30min’s or so it’s ok, pressing pedal in medium weight (not heavy) pedal seems to shudder, as if your pads ar low there is no steering wheel shudder, now if you press a little heaver the feeling sometimes goes away but occasionally the feeling is worse like the wheels are shaking and fades away
The Trac/ ABS light does comes on (not all the time) and when this does all is great and feels normal like it should (brake wise), until I stop engine and then is start all over again
Work done - Replaced left & right wheel bearing (ABS compatible) + (code cleared, Replaced left & right rotor’s
Replaced pads, New shock’s all round, New spring’s/ coil’s all round, Brake bleed by Holden Dealership (code cleared)
Has been booked in next week, but if anyone could help that would be great
I am just about ready to spit and kick it

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Hi Bob,

Just wondering if i can get the competitive mode put on my car ? Is it just a software upgrade for the E2 hsv's ?

Cheers

bundie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp commodore
speedo problem

Hi there,
I've got a vp holden commadore and i'm having problems fixing my speedo.
Sometime's it works and other time's it doe'snt.
I was wandering if it would be the cog?
If you feel this may be the problem where abouts would i find the cog placed in the speedo?
As it's driving me mad:bang:

If you could help me that would be awsome
Regards

obbie

Reaction score
Vp headlight switch

Hi,
my VP headlight switch is playing up.
In normal position lights do not work.
However if I turn down on switch and hold to the right my lights work. If I release they turn off.
My questions are " is the switch easy to replace for a diy guy or should I use a mechanic?" Do you recommend I buy a new switch or buy from a wrecker.

Thanks for your help

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey bob

Great thread you have here mate.

my question is will a ABS module out of a VT Calais 3.8 (PART NO. BOSH 0 273 004 220) work in a 2000 WH caprice gen3?

Cheers

no the modules are engine specific

Status
Not open for further replies.