Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokka01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Series II VX Commodore S Pac L67
Gday mate
Ive just put a VS Ecotec into my VP commodore, and have installed the VS ecu and harness, but the thing wont start, it cranks over, and there is a spark, but im guessing no fuel is getting into the cylinders. Ive read a few threads, and by the sounds of it, it has something to do with the BCM. I was just wondering, is it possible to use the ecu and harness from the VP instead of the VS one?

Viper1523

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina :)
hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i need to do to change my standard aircon to climate control? i have the air box, lcd controller, sun sensor and have to get the outside temp sensor. i just want to know if i need to change my bcm or anything? its a 95 vr xtream. please help.

Lady Veluda

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
vn wheel alignment specs

Hi All,

Could someone please advise me of the best wheel alignment specs for a vn , i have heard that they should have negative toe, but how much ?

If someone could help me out with this it would be muchly appreciated.

david marshall

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore s pac
Hey i have a problem with my vs ecotec.. was driving down road one day and pulled up at lights,when i went to pull off from lights car was running shocking and i cant get it above 40/50 kmh i have replaced all my leads/plugs and have tried swapping over Crank angle sensor, AFM i was goin to try the 02 sensors next but most people say that if it o2 sensor it gets better as it warms up, but mine is just stuffed all the time... im totally stuck for ideas...any help would be apprecitated i have also changed over the coil packs and that thing underneath them but still with no luck i have also checked all my vacuum hoses ect..

VX01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-01-SS
Vx wont start

Hi There, I have a VX 2001 SS (V8 Gen 3 Motor) Commodore Sedan - Automatic.

The problem being that it just isn't starting. Battery is fine and everything works ie lights, stereo etc and even used the battery in another car and worked fine. Have tried jump start but all without any result. It just wont start it doesn't even click over. So I'm guessing its not the starter motor as no noise coming from there either. Have checked all fuses that i can see under bonnet and under the dash and are all good.

HELP - any ideas at all on what the problem might be, any help would be appreciated!

Cheers...

Viper1523

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina :)
Hi There, I have a VX 2001 SS (V8 Gen 3 Motor) Commodore Sedan - Automatic.

The problem being that it just isn't starting. Battery is fine and everything works ie lights, stereo etc and even used the battery in another car and worked fine. Have tried jump start but all without any result. It just wont start it doesn't even click over. So I'm guessing its not the starter motor as no noise coming from there either. Have checked all fuses that i can see under bonnet and under the dash and are all good.

HELP - any ideas at all on what the problem might be, any help would be appreciated!

Cheers...

might be crank angle sensor.

bsb84

Reaction score
Members Ride
5L vs ute
vr seized motor

i have a vr v6 that over heated cause of an oil leak, then got a knock, then i just didnt care and chucked a battery in, started did a burnout stalled, battery was flat so it didnt start, by the time got another battery, the engine was cold, and when i tried to start it the starter motor just spun and clicked, so im guessing its seized, it was a really good motor too, but im wondering wether to rebuild or buy second hand engine, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx

Last edited:

justinfowler_2779

Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 308, '90 VN SS Inj 304
'94 VR V6 engine swap

:hit: Hey mate, just after a solution 2 end my dramas... 94 VR S/C V6 managed 2 blow old motor so hav now swapped engine with one from a series 2 VP. Pretty much everything is the same, except the new motor from the VP has no Cam sensor. Everything is in bolted up using AUTO trans, loom & computer that were still in the VR. Engine starts but runs like ****, then trips into fault mode 4 a bit, then bak 2 running like **** again and so on... Iv tried plugging the Cam sensor itself into the loom & tried plugging in the memcal from the VP but still doesnt work.

Shorted out the pins on the plug above the drivers side feet 2 get the fault codes from the computer. They came up as *13* - Oxygen Sensor (O2) - No Signal, *31* - Theft Deterrent Signal missing, *33* - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) high voltage, *48* - Crankshaft Reference Signal Missing. ***13 & 48 were both present when old engine was still in & running...***

I've also tried unpluging the MAP sensor while the motor is running but it makes no difference at all 2 the way its running so i tried changing the sensor with the one from the original motor & still no difference... :mad:

Its all doing my head in now so its over 2 u... :bang: Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance, Justin.

smartars

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp.
vp fans

hi bob i have a vp with a vn 2 motor both my heater fan and thermo fan are not working ive changed both senders temp and coolant senders changed all the relays and the thermo and heater fans work from a direct surply of power ,is there a central thing that could cause this .and i have changed ecu as well i dont like taking short cuts so i dont want to put in a manual switch for thermo if i can aviod it plz help im pulling my hair out here lol many thanks nigel p.s could it be a eathing problem i have changed the lead between the battery and body ie next to fuse an relays box .

Last edited:

claudz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
to doctor bob.
i bought a 2.5" lukey catback for my car and was wondering how hard it would be to fit it on my vz sv6 and how to do so. hope someone can help

Status
Not open for further replies.