Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
hey bob,

i was driving the other day with my sound system on and then all of a sudden it dropped out. no sound from door speakers but i could still hear the bass coming from the sub woofer. do you know what would have caused this? i checked al fuses under steering wheel but all still working.

someone said it might be a head unit fuse? i have a jvc kd-r606.

thanks heaps

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Hiya Rob - do you happen to have some detailed info about the can-BUS setup used for the remote radio controls in a VR caprice?

jaso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 3 ute 5lt
Gidday .
I have a series 3 VS 5 litre ute that is intemitnently surging and losing power .
Vehicle had a ignition module a while back for non start and it had a new coil, leads, cap, plugs , rotor button at the same time .
Today it surged and cough as I put my foot down at around 1/4 throttle and it got worse , fine at idle .
limping up the road and 20 seconds later it was fine again .
Didn't notice at the time but it does occasionally drop the tacho out when you rev it sitting still , drop the revs and it works again fine . again intermintently .
Any ideas ?

cheers
Jason.

rubyredboots

Reaction score
Hi there, i have a problem with my vt commodore executive, i went to work last night all was fine, finished work got in the car and the ignition was all sloppy and the car would not start, i have had the car towed home (gotta love how expensive those guys are) someone told us that you take out the ignition barrel/ chamber and take it to holden?? also how do you get the two pins that hold the steering column off/out?

Last edited:

mad_dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
interior lights wont come on

hi there, i was recently installing neons in my foot wells,
i wanted them to come on everytime i opened the door, so i was connecting them to the ignition key light and accidently short cicuited the the main wires for the ignition light, now the interior lights wont come on when the door is opend only when i use the interior dome light button.
any ideas would be good,

thanx

ps i checked the fuses and they are fine and i own a vp commodore;-)

Calais1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo S2, VX Calais S2, WH Statesman LS8
Its cool, thanks for your time.
We found out yesterday that i was the a faulty (but new) wheel bearing sensor.
Have replaced again with another wheel bearing (complete unit) and had code 21 cleared for the 3rd time.
Fingers crossed

snapphotographic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Exec Wagon
VN Coil Packs and DFI unit

Hi BOB.

I have a faulty Coil Pack and DFI unit, and wondering if these units were renowned for giving much trouble ( The style I have is the later type with all the spark wires attached on one side and round coils )

Also im assuming that buying a working second hand unit or new unit is easily interchangeable with no need for adjustments etc.????

Also how hard is it to change the Cat Converter and do you have any tips please??

Appreciate anyones assistance with any of these matters.

Cheers

Matt (_:

Bart5394

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Adventra CX8
Trans problem on VY adventra

Hello,

I am having an issue with my V8 adventra, when I take it on long trips + 4 hours the engine management system system sensors a fault and sends the car into limp home mode.

The the gearbox does not change gears correctly at low speed.

Holden have no Idea, and one guy told me I had to change the gear box.

Other have said I need a trans cooler as the tenp sensor in the gearbox is sensing excessive heat.

Any ideas.???

I at a bit of a loss

t6a9r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive
VR commodore to statesman seat conversion?

Been searching but had no luck, im sure someone will know easy enough. can vr vs statesman front and back seats be fitted into a vr commodore without much hassel, im sure its possible but is it easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.