Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsout

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vt commodore wagon
I will not answer or reply to stupid complaints.
I will answer to the best of my ability anything sensible.

Rob

do vs wagon seats fit vt wagon . just happen to need a new drivers side front seat and know where i may be able to acess a vs commodore front seat

Peteace8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS OLYMPIC UTE
v6 ecotec mechanic mobile?

I am after a holden mechanic to do some work on my v6 ecotec"s eg; hi ratio rockers throttle body, chip change and service , can anyone help me on the northside "Keperra Area" ph 0438774471 peter

joesoquick

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve v6
hey doc can you tell me the operating temp on a ve v6 omega 07 i pluged my obd2 scan tool and the live data shows coolant temp gets to 226f and then the fan turns on and starts droping is this normal temp if not what do you think it could be. i just flushed the cooling system about 1 week ago.

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Hey Rob, another OBD question:

Do you have a full list (or know where i can find one) of all the parameters that OBD-II can pick up for the VS commo? I'm intending on getting a wifi OBD-II scan tool like the PLX Kiwi that can interface with my ipod touch and want to know if it'll be worth it.

Cheers!

joesoquick

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve v6
07 ve trans service

im taking my car in for trans service to holden do they update any software when this is done? thanx..

Vladinho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
I recently got VT 4 speed auto 6 cyl. The car runs ok, just noticed that once it gets really hot, and it needs to downshift i get a very loud bang from the gearbox somewhere (it happened 3 times only and not in succession). Otherwise, it changes the gears rather smoothly. I have checked fluids, and it all seems ok, but i'm worried that the next bang will mean the end of the gearbox....
I'm thinking it could be one of the coils that takes care of the hydraulics in there, but not sure...
Any idea what it might be.....??
Cheers

Vladinho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
Should also mention the car is high on Km's (303K) but it feels rather smooth....
Cheers

vy_03

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
What type of petrol is best used for a VY Exec?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Can a VN V8 manual loom and ecu be run in a VR? Any probs with it? Is it best to get a VR V8 manual loom and use that?

Status
Not open for further replies.