Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinoVt

GinoVT
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXECUTIVE v6
Do i have a blown head gasket ?

I have been chasing an overheating problem for months now in my 2000 Vt exec Commodore . I have had the Radiator recond... flushed pressure tested ect.... no leaks... Ive had the thermostat changed... I am still losing coolent and i cant see anything left on my driveway from leaks... If i dont check the coolent after about 3 of 4 days i will have lost about half a ltr , and my car will start over heating.. What can this mean ??

Thanks .

GinoVt

GinoVT
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXECUTIVE v6
anyone got a vy berlina for sale ? In Adelaide.

looking for a Vy Berlina , low K's ... im in adelaide.. let me know. cheers.

tarryn2790

Reaction score
Members Ride
94holdenvracclaim
hay doctor bob. i own a 94 vr acclaim. i changed the positive battery terminal and now it wont kick over. the petrol pump still whirrs and the hazard lights stay on. what would it be? and how can i fix it? PLEASE HELP

idb

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vx s m5
hey mate how do u test a dfi module and coils on vx v6 cheers

evilstuie

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 TransAM
hay doctor bob. i own a 94 vr acclaim. i changed the positive battery terminal and now it wont kick over. the petrol pump still whirrs and the hazard lights stay on. what would it be? and how can i fix it? PLEASE HELP

Sorry in advance for replying, as it was directed to Dr Bob who seems to be MIA, but:
1. Was there a wire that you didn't attach back up to the new terminal?
2. Does the car have an antitheft system or alarm that would have reset when the battery was detatched?
3. Did you check all your fuses encase one blew when you were messing around with the wiring?
4. Could the ECU have died, possibly due to a short?
Just offering suggestions.

muddyjunior

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
vr gearbox

Hi,
I stupidly connected the motor and gearbox of my 94 model vr v6 commodore together in the floor in the garage with the torque converter already connected to the flex plate and turned the motor over by hand as the were pushed together. When i had put it back in he car the gearbox would not drive. I disconnected the gearbox from the engine and undid the torque converter from the flex plate and remounted the torque converter on the gearbox first. When I pulled the motor and gearbox back together there is a 5 to 10 mm gap between the flex plate and the torque converter. I am worried that I may have pushed the pump back into the gearbox but need to find out if I have before going to the effort of putting everything back together.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave.

fuel_within

Chief Executive
Reaction score
Members Ride
CUSTOM VS
G'day,
I'm after a interior wiring diagram for a VS Commodore.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Rod

firie

Reaction score
Members Ride
06' VE SS 6spd Manual
VE SS harmonic balancer

De Bob,

I thought I might try here as well.

I purchased a VE SS from Holden car yard about three weeks ago. It has 75 000kms on it. I have never owned a V8 or a car with an Alloytech engine.

Today I was showing a mate the car. Had the car in the driveway just idling and the bonnet up and we were checking out the engine.

I noticed the harmonic balancer seemed to have a bit of a 'wobble' in it. How much wobble is normal? The car is running fine. No squeeks no other noises at any time.

Has anyone noticed this on their VE SS?

Cheers.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
De Bob,

I thought I might try here as well.

I purchased a VE SS from Holden car yard about three weeks ago. It has 75 000kms on it. I have never owned a V8 or a car with an Alloytech engine.

Today I was showing a mate the car. Had the car in the driveway just idling and the bonnet up and we were checking out the engine.

I noticed the harmonic balancer seemed to have a bit of a 'wobble' in it. How much wobble is normal? The car is running fine. No squeeks no other noises at any time.

Has anyone noticed this on their VE SS?

Cheers.
At idle some motors do have a more pronounced 'wobble' to the balancer. When the rpm is increased the wobble usually goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.