Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgyboy90

DODGY BOYS COMMY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 ute
hi mate talked to you before now i got another problem you might be able to help me with. 2004 vy commodore ute II, a couple months ago i tried to start my ute but got nothing not even a wind over just a click so i thought corrosion so i moved the terminals and tightened them up n it started. i did this a few times over a few months then yesterday i filled it up $60 so it was full i drove it round then parked at home n tried to start it again n nothing but the fuel gage said VERY LOW FUEL and read empty. then after a little while it started and everything went back to normal but tried to start it today and nothing and i have been told it could be a dry terminal, stater motor solinoid, or fuel sender unit... wondering what are your thoughts

donovkc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ 5.7 MM6
remove vt/vx seat airbags

Hey there , I have some really nice vx calais seats for my vx and i want to remove the airbags to make them standard again as my vx didnt have airbag seats and i wouldnt want them anyway , Is there an insert or simmilar you can get to make this a tidy job ?? aaaand will the 8way electrics work in my 4 way seat loom ??
And will i be able to wire up the passenger seat that now has electrics in it too ??
Any help/advice would be awesome , Thanks heaps . .

Lillian7

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Acclaim
My pain in the ass car

Hi There,

I have a 1998 Acclaim and I'm about to take it to the auto electrician for the 3rd time in 2 years to get another key, as once again the immobiliser/computer or something has decided that it doesn't recognise the key. I had a new computer installed 2 years ago, so yes, this is the 3rd time this has happened with the new computer.

Do you have any suggestions as to what could be causing this to happen so frequently? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm a full time student and I can't afford to be spending $120 on a new key every 6 months.

Thankyou,
Lillian.

Petercommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Hi
Do you know what sort of stroke length the slave cylinder on a 5 speed getrag box on a VS commodore is with a solid flywheel?
Cheers
Peter

chinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx xceptor
does anyone know wat the (t-relay) fuse does in the engine bay fuse box??

amewburn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh 1982
Need help fast

Hi Doctor Bob,
I really need some help fast. I live in Jakarta Indonesia, and I have 2 Holdens that I bought here. An LJ Torana and a VH Commodore. I just broke a piston ring in the VH (4 cylinder blue motor) and I want to rebuild the engine while it is being pulled apart by the Indonesian butchers.
I can get the parts here no problem, but I need the specs, like torgue settings etc. Is there an online workshop manual that anyone knows of. I cant seem to find one on the net.
I don't want to have to buy one online coz I will be going back to Oz for a trip in February and will get a second hand one then.
I would really appreciate any help I can get.

vsdaniel95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
hey guys my vs recently just started becoming sluggish when i take off
ive been told that it could be my fuel injectors and that i should get them cleaned
is this right or could it be something else??

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
I will not answer or reply to stupid complaints.
I will answer to the best of my ability anything sensible.

Rob
hi there i have a vr series 2 v6 auto i have had a diagnostic check and it said TPS low voltage so i bought a brand new tps changed it went good took battery terminal off and back on and doing same as it was. at 100 kmh slowing down to 80 kmh the auto unlocks it self from the engine and the revs fluctuate between 1400 rpm and 1700 rpm and when i accelerate from 80 to 100 it has to chase 4th gear and then u put it a little more and then the torque converter locks up again. it went fine till the battery was disconnected. is there any way to reset the computer. any ideas cheers

dave1979m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim wagon 04 3.6L
Hi Doctor Bob. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

I have a VZ 2004 Acclaim Wagon and recently the Check Power Train warning appeared. Car starts and runs ok. Just started to run and idle rough but comes good again after a few minutes. Now runs rough always. Idle and in Drive. Took it to Holden and I received these error codes....
P0443 present fault
P0206 not present fault
P2229 not present fault

The present fault is an Evaporative emission control system purge solenoid circuit malfunction.

The P0206 error is an Injector 6 control malfunction

The P2229 error is a Barometric pressure sensor voltage high

Can anyone expand on this? Like the location of the purge solenoid? and so on....
Holden wanted at least 3 more hours and 250 bucks to tell me more. I said I will be back.
Are the Fuel injectors hard to change. I do Aircraft Maintenance so can swing a spanner with the best of them.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.