Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Dr Bob, can you please tell me how to test my power window circuit board to see if its responsible for my windows not working. Thanks dude

if the switches are working it will probably be the module yes, check for power in & out of the module

Rob

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
the only way would be to go with an aftermarket setup, i havent looked into converting a manual VY calibration to gas, i might look into it.

Rob

They have tried that idea and holden rejected it as well, saying it was not possible :cry:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
They have tried that idea and holden rejected it as well, saying it was not possible :cry:

who tried that idea?
a Holden dealer lacks the ability to alter any calibration from stock, any conversion place will do the job but it will not be as well integrated as the factory one.

=SKB=

Reaction score
Hi Bob

Wondering if it's normal to see specks of metal in the oil of a VZ Alloytech. Looks like glitter in the bottom of the drain pan.

Can provide more info if this is not normal.

Thanks.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Bob

Wondering if it's normal to see specks of metal in the oil of a VZ Alloytech. Looks like glitter in the bottom of the drain pan.

Can provide more info if this is not normal.

Thanks.

depending on the quantity, metallic particles are a normal part of wear, if theres a lot it should be accompanied by some sort of noise

=SKB=

Reaction score
depending on the quantity, metallic particles are a normal part of wear, if theres a lot it should be accompanied by some sort of noise

Thanks for the quick reply.

No constant noises, though under load in 1st (lowish revs) there is a funny sound if the throttle isn't depressed further, I assumed this noise was just the engine's normal sound (being an auto). Engine approaching 100k.

I have been reading on the oil feed issues that others seem to have with their engines. I don't get the rattle sound that seems to be the main symptom though.

I guess I could be seeing the particles more so as they are alloy and shiny?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Thanks for the quick reply.

No constant noises, though under load in 1st (lowish revs) there is a funny sound if the throttle isn't depressed further, I assumed this noise was just the engine's normal sound (being an auto). Engine approaching 100k.

I have been reading on the oil feed issues that others seem to have with their engines. I don't get the rattle sound that seems to be the main symptom though.

I guess I could be seeing the particles more so as they are alloy and shiny?

i wouldnt worry unless theres heaps in the oil

hobo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXECUTIVE
hello

would you know anything about soldering a resistor inside a VT low level bcm to make it work with power windows, auto down etc. I was reading somewhere about the bcm having the circuit needed but a gap needs to be bridged with a resistor inside to operate it?.

Status
Not open for further replies.