Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
thanks troy matie...what do you mean by "have you cooked the heads in it".And assuming that i have how much do you reckon it would cost replacing one.Could there be anything else that is causing the car to overheat.Its not like the stato has done heaps of k's its only done 145000ks.
BOB mate any suggestions?

if its overheating it could be a number of things, if you cant work it out you may need to take it to a professional , its very hard to diagnose without seeing it.

Rob

mad.mike08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon, hot cam exstrators, 7th injector, etc
VL door locks

hi my vl doors keep trying to lock over and over after installing keyless entry, i riped out keyless stuff and still locking. i just wont to no wre the control unit is or fuse to pull. its a 87 wogon 3L

mad.mike08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon, hot cam exstrators, 7th injector, etc
found the problem, water leek make short making door lock. no control unit just to relays in fuse box. fixd by cuting shorted wire and put a wire from door to relay (dont trust old shorted wire). stoped water leek. wasnt my install that did it.:thumbsup:

Astro1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
how to identify vl gearbox

Hi everybody i have a vl auto been reconditioned previous to me buying the car. i pulled it out and know longer have the car. Can anyone tell me how to identify if this gearbox is a turbo auto or a standard one?????????
the only code i can see on it is 4N71B japan

VRcommondoor

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stock VR 3.8V6 (Petrol/Gas)
Hi all. I have a stock VR 3.8 with dual fuel. Recently my fuel pump stopped working. At the same time I was unable to even start with gas. I found the ignition fuse had blown, replaced it and presto, started (on gas). The fuse still blows every time i start the car and the fuel pump is not working. Some one mentioned to me to check the oil pressure switch? Is this necessary? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Cheers

CommodoreMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S1
Hey Dr. Bob how you going mate,
Hope you can answer this for me, i drive a VR with the buick engine and theres this wierd tapping/clicking noise coming from under the car close to the engine itself, its hard to pin point but it taps at the same speed as you rev its not loud but you can defiantly hear it.

Thanks for the help...

uNEEk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 V6 EQUIPE
hey mate am i able to change the battery in my 99 VT remote key head, mine is getting abit lousy and rarely unlocks the car, but i have also heard talk that they charge themselves in the ignition?? cheers mate

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
hey mate am i able to change the battery in my 99 VT remote key head, mine is getting abit lousy and rarely unlocks the car, but i have also heard talk that they charge themselves in the ignition?? cheers mate

No, the battery cannot be replaced.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan

no they are not replaceable & no they dont charge
buy a new keyhead

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi everybody i have a vl auto been reconditioned previous to me buying the car. i pulled it out and know longer have the car. Can anyone tell me how to identify if this gearbox is a turbo auto or a standard one?????????
the only code i can see on it is 4N71B japan

sorry it was too long ago, i cant remember, try asking in the VL section

Status
Not open for further replies.