Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsvboy2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive v8
vr v6 dash cluster l3 to fit vn v8 exec

hi i have been reading prev posts on this and still no sure why they cant be fitted . i realize the wiring is diffrent if i was to change the dash loom out of a vr calais would this work is it posible to have a go at it as i have a v6 cluster with low ks thanks:

herbzplace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S pac
how to disconnect heater/ac control arm from switch VT

before i destroy anything, how do you disconnect the heater/ac threaded control arm from the switch cluster behind centre dash on VT S pac

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
hi i have been reading prev posts on this and still no sure why they cant be fitted . i realize the wiring is diffrent if i was to change the dash loom out of a vr calais would this work is it posible to have a go at it as i have a v6 cluster with low ks thanks:

tacho will be out, and so will the fuel gauge.

Second to that if your installing a dash with lower kms, it could be said that your trying to hide the true kms of the car... which is a questionable act

Welcome to Just Commodores.

binoj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy II
hi bob
i have got my holden commodore vyII serviced recently,with that i changed my battery as well.but after that my security alarm is not working.Is there any ideas for me to activate it again?

tycabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Ber S2
My vn idles like its running on 4cylinders changed leads coil pack plugs put injector cleaner in it cleaned throttle body ,still the same drives like its gonna die until i throw it back to 1st and tromp it then it kicks back goes like a dream,maybe fuel blockage? i'm puzzled

WH2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH 5.7
Wh auto dimming rear view mirror

Just got a question please.
I just bought an auto dimming rear view mirror from a wh caprice series 11.

Just wondering if i can get it working on my wh statesman, without to much mess.

Also would there be wiring from factory for the electric mirror hidden under the roof lining? Seeing it was an option on the statesman you'd think that the wires would be already there.

thanks for your time

Holdenon76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Crewman
Cars power cuts off when turning car off

Hey Dr Bob hope you can help

I have a 2000 VT Commodore Olympic Edition well the last couple of days when I turn the car off the power to everything (windows, dash, even the key to lock the door) just cuts off after waiting a few minutes it will all of a sudden work and everything is fine... Just don't want this happening on the way to work on the highway during peak hour cause **** for everyone else.. HELP PLEASE!!

melcq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
Hi Dr bob just about to purchase a 2000vt ss 5.7 litre with a tremek t56 gearbox and ive now been told that you have to hold it in reverse to reverse is this going to be easy fixed ?

cheers paul

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
just woundering instead of upgranding my single window cluster to a 3 window cluster could i just get the 2 extra windows and surround & install them easily into my standard vx s pac cluster?

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
vr 5.0 abs and battey lights coming on??

I hav been having problems with my abs and batt lights coming on when driving,also my front main lights have been going dim on low beam when abs and batt lights coming on. The car has been in workshop for work could there be a earth off somwhere? or could it be something else going on. It only started when car came back from workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.