Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
hi Dr. Bob,

im having an issue with my 98 vt calais, the problem is every time i turn her on the airbag symbol appears and doesn't go away, also it gives out a beep for a few seconds after i have turned it on, this has been happening for a while now and i think it all came about when i got my alternator fixed...??! anyway how do i go about fixing this problem?

cheers heaps

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
yeah.... a few details would help.lol

i had a customer today, said there was a funny noise in her car, i drove it & didnt laugh so i told her there was nothing wrong.lolRob

So that's why Holden service departments have such an out-standing reputation. Nice work Bob! :whistling

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hi Dr. Bob,

im having an issue with my 98 vt calais, the problem is every time i turn her on the airbag symbol appears and doesn't go away, also it gives out a beep for a few seconds after i have turned it on, this has been happening for a while now and i think it all came about when i got my alternator fixed...??! anyway how do i go about fixing this problem?

cheers heaps

take it to a dealer & have the code checked in the SRS module.

Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
So that's why Holden service departments have such an out-standing reputation. Nice work Bob! :whistling

There was no problem with the car, it was normal engine/driveline noise.

Most Holden service departments do have an outstanding reputation considering the occasional know it all, my mate said, my mechanic said, someone told me, my mates car doesnt do it, my dad said, youre ripping me off, i marked all the service items with a texta so ill know if you changed them, customer we have to deal with.

People generalising doesnt help either.

Rob

scoota269

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Clear Side Indicators - VS II

Just wondering, will any later model Commodore side indicators which are clear, fit on a VS to replace the non-clear ones? Like, a VX or VY or whatever? I've noticed they look similar, but would rather ask before I head to the wreckers.

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
try your eng mounts

i had the same problem and after i have taken it to all the experts and they could "not"tell me my eng mounts there ripped apart!!! try putting it into gear and rest your foot on the brake and give it a bit off gas you sould see the eng move up on the passanger side
hey mate i got a vt s auto , when i go to take off the car shudders and it seems lik the trans is slipping, does it need an oil change ,i had cooling problems a while back could the oil be burnt? is this goona cost me big $ . cheers 4 ya input mate

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Just wondering, will any later model Commodore side indicators which are clear, fit on a VS to replace the non-clear ones? Like, a VX or VY or whatever? I've noticed they look similar, but would rather ask before I head to the wreckers.

series 2 VT onwards have the clear type ones, up to VY they are interchangeable.

Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i had the same problem and after i have taken it to all the experts and they could "not"tell me my eng mounts there ripped apart!!! try putting it into gear and rest your foot on the brake and give it a bit off gas you sould see the eng move up on the passanger side

doubtful if engine mounts will cause a shudder on an auto vehicle, more likely it will thump once.
possible for this on a manual car, not common though.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.