Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L Manual Wgn
getrag gearbox on series 1 VT 5.0L

Dr Bob

Went to change the gearbox oil on my 5speed getrag gearbox but the filler and drain plugs both seem to take huge allen keys..do you know what size they are or do I need a special tool to remove them?( Looked everywhere for how to's but no luck).

Thanks

edit: after much harassing of Holden dealers have determined it is a 17mm allen key . Cheers

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
yes i resigned 3 weeks ago, had a gut full of it for a while, need a break, it just wasnt fun anymore.
still doing my own stuff picking the eyes out of the work offered to me
doing some casual work delivering frozen food.lol no stress & a better pay rate

Rob

All the best Rob.
I`m in parts the whole industry sucks.
You could get more money being a LollyPop Person.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
doing some casual work delivering frozen food.lol no stress & a better pay rate

Rob

Time for a new thread aye? lol

All the best mate. Doesn't matter what line of work you are doing so long as it pays the bills and you are happy.

kw1kaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hi, can you please tell me how to remove the factory gear knob on a manual ve commodore, stuffed if i know how and don't want to wreck any parts.......cheers mate

Falco16

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Hey Doc,
I have a 2000 edition vs ute and was wondering if it was possible/worthwhile doing a 2 hole mod on it?

any advice u got would be much appreciated,
Cheers.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Ute
VR engine query

Hey Dr Bob
When I turn the ute on and off it wheezes like an old man, not quite the sound i was going for. I think the guy i bought it off once had it turbo charged then removed everything to sell, but I really hav no clue how to tell.
Here's a pic of the engine? any idead on if my theory is correct?
thnx m8

vbmds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 Omega LPG
You're not wrong about disconnecting the battery - still can't believe that I did it.

I have looked at the fuses, and also the Fuseable Links, none appear blown. Does the VS have any In-Line fuses; off the batteries positive terminal; that you know of?

I've also changed out the battery, but no change.

Any other ideas, of other non-fuse items, that could cause such an absolute no-power situation?

Forgot to come back and post that the problem has been solved. :w00t:

Turns out that the Battery is not the only thing hanging off the Recharge Wire. Reconnecting the wire back at the Battery was the solution. So I now have the Old Recharge wire connected on the Battery end but unconnected on the Alternator end, and a new Recharge wire going straight from the Alternator to the Battery.

Also turns out that the other, small, wire feeding from the Battery also had an internal break in it and was the cause of the rapid flattening of the Battery, which when paired with little to no recharging from the Alternator meant lots of time for the Battery on an external Charger :mad:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi, Was wondering if the iac and tps on a gen3 throttle body work at the same voltage as the vn/s V8 throttle bodys. Thus if i was to make a way to get a g3 t/b on an old V8 it would hook straight up to the old wiring.
Is there any other reasons you can think of besides fitting it, why a g3 t/b would not work on an old 5.0ltr. cheers.

electrically it should work, i cant see any advantage doing it though

Status
Not open for further replies.