Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Hi Mike as far as i know theres no reason to disable it with LPG, are the globes ok in the dash?

Thanks for your prompt reply Bob !

I've just swapped the globes over with known good ones and fiddled with the brake switch and all is ok now!

I checked out the BCM's they look different in each car. The VS II has an extra VDO box underneath part no#92043237 it has 1 yellow, 1 brown, 1 black, 2 yellow/black, 2 black/yellow wires coming out of a 5pin plug. Do you know what thats for ? The Berlina doesn't have that nor can I find the plug with those wires hanging around on the loom.
Regs,

Mike

Last edited:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Thanks for your prompt reply Bob !
I've just swapped those globes over with known good ones and the cruise still don't light up ! I have access to working parts on my VS II Calais. The Berlina is a VS S1. I checked out the BCM's they look different in each car. The VS II has an extra VDO box underneath part no#92043237 it has 1 yellow, 1 brown, 1 black, 2 yellow/black, 2 black/yellow wires coming out of a 5pin plug. Do you know what thats for ? The Berlina doesn't have that nor can I find the plug with those wires hanging around on the loom.
Regs,
Mike

the extra box is for the steering wheel controls for the radio.
it may be a BCM problem it probably needs to be looked at by an autoelec

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Bob I just re-edditted my post as you were replying.

All fixed now... I changed the wrong globes first time.

THANKS for your help !!!

BoArDySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6 ute
hey guys relativley new to this.. but i have an 07 MY06 sv6 it picked it up 2nd hand and it had already been lowered but no wen i drive it squeks at the back.. first i thought it may b the suspension.. but pretty sure its coming from the dif any ideas or solutions would b great... thanx guys

candy74

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive v6
thxs bob , thats what i thought but noone else seems to think so , they have ordered a new air flow meter to see if that is it.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hey guys relativley new to this.. but i have an 07 MY06 sv6 it picked it up 2nd hand and it had already been lowered but no wen i drive it squeks at the back.. first i thought it may b the suspension.. but pretty sure its coming from the dif any ideas or solutions would b great... thanx guys

the diff doesnt actually move as its IRS, your noise will be in the suspension somewhere

spud42

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
i have a VXII Berlina. a piece of truck tyre got flicked up on the M1 yesterday and hit my aerial . Autobahn sold me a new mast AP250. i have changed them before on my Nissan but the Holden doesnt have a "nut" at the top to loosen off. how do i remove the old mast? does the rubber part on the guard just pull off? how do i get at the bugger?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i have a VXII Berlina. a piece of truck tyre got flicked up on the M1 yesterday and hit my aerial . Autobahn sold me a new mast AP250. i have changed them before on my Nissan but the Holden doesnt have a "nut" at the top to loosen off. how do i remove the old mast? does the rubber part on the guard just pull off? how do i get at the bugger?

you need to remove the bezel yes have a look from the door end to see how it works, then undo the nut on the tube & swap the mast over

spud42

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
cheers. i got the bezel off without damaging the guard. had to straighten the mast then push it all the way down to get the bezel over it but then i pulled the mast out and got the nut off.... now the damn thing still wont come out!!!!! it seem like it should just pull out but i can not get it to move....maybe try some wd40/rp7/silicon oil spray tomorrow???

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
cheers. i got the bezel off without damaging the guard. had to straighten the mast then push it all the way down to get the bezel over it but then i pulled the mast out and got the nut off.... now the damn thing still wont come out!!!!! it seem like it should just pull out but i can not get it to move....maybe try some wd40/rp7/silicon oil spray tomorrow???

yes a bit of crc on the sleeve should loosen it
then use the tubes to slide hammer it out if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.