Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the Pizza Maker/Delivery Driver

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Holy thread resurrection batman...

Domino's = Pricks.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
if you guys still have questions im one now!

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
i did it for a year, i got paid $10 per hour + $3 per delivery +tips

once i got $60 in tips out of 23 deliverys... rich people...
once some kids answered the door and apon leaving he asked me to do a burnout...... (i had a nice car) :p

so sat there and span it in the pricks driveway... like to see him explain that to his parents :p

ive been run off the road too many times to remember, had people tell me its a house round the corner, turned out to be a church 25 mins away...

2 hours of driving and $30 of petrol out of my own pocket...

on the upside sometimes its nice just to cruize all night... i found it relaxing at times, id take detours on the way back.. learnt streets round my local area... overall your car breaks down you dont work and dont get cash to fix it... its a ****job, you loose cash on driving but sometimes tips come in handy... delivering pizza in a modified car is fun because everyone looks at you funny... like "who did you mug for that"

but i had some really ****ed up things happen to me... one guy kept touching my hands and always requested me... only ordered pizza on nights i was working and answered the door half naked... had chicks in nothing but underwear answer the door... drunken idiots pay me $50 for a $15 pizza :p been hugged too many times to remember by drunkies... invited to parties, offered grass and drinks... asked for grass and drinks :p

got in my car to find someone else was in the back...... had people beg me for pizza... been abused too many times, abused for being 5 mins late, forgotten drinks and then gone to the shops and brought one because it was closer than going home :p

overall a fun but ****job........

i actually went back to one party after work cuz there was chicks there... wasnt too bad

NateGL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-S-II
how come wen i ordered a pizza with my mates i live in melb... i got transfered to some store in NSW ?? then the dude tried to send the pizza to WA :S something is screwed up with pizza hut's phones...

Trei

The Skaife Fan Man.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina
its a ****job, you loose cash on driving but sometimes tips come in handy... delivering pizza in a modified car is fun because everyone looks at you funny... like "who did you mug for that"

I agree. I use to do anywhere between 3, and 5 nights a week during uni holidays.

I learned, I hate most of the human race (well, in the area I delivered). The area I delivered (I shall not disclose the location) but it's filled with drug dealers and dole cheats. A fantastic work environment, utterly brilliant for your frame of mind.

People who'd walk into the store talk to you as if you're an idiot... make you repeat the order fourteen million times then change 90 percent of it. People who ring up on the phone and say " It's me, I want the usual " - YOU IDIOT, DIE.

People who don't leave lights on < You're all going to hell.
People who don't leave lights on, and expect change < You're going to burn, in hell, twice over.
People who smile, hand you like 20 bucks for something that was 19.90 and stand there, waiting for you to find ten bloody cents in the bottom of a money bag, in virtual darkness. < Please, put the ten cents toward some social training... or your power bill.
People who stand at the door, with their mates, putting **** on the driver and acting all tough. Yep, that's right I'm here to deliver your pizza and if you want to be a smart prick, I'll come back after work.

* Nine times out of ten, frustrated women who are upset that they're eating fatty food for dinner, blame the driver or the organisation < It's not our fault you are a pig and you don't look like Jessica Alba. If you want to lose weight, go to Jenny Craig ... not a pizza store.

Kid's who'd come to the door demanding food, not giving you they money and running around. Some little bastard ran outside of his house and threw a toy at my car < Big Mistake. I know where you live :D

It's not all bad, occasionally you'll get a nice customer whose a regular who'll give you a tip of say 5 bucks or something, or even if they don't tip... and they're just nice to you and treat you like a HUMAN BEING and are just genuine. The best tippers, and nicest people are usually the older blokes. Kids, younger girls and smartarse males around your own age, are the most awkward to deal with.
On the other end of the spectrum, we have tools that try to rip the driver off and not give them the right amount. Turning the light off, running back into the house and throwing the money at me won't work. I have a light on the car. No, I won't go away until I have what it says on the docket. I had this psycho, pregnant school drop out teen mum argue with me for 20 minutes, over 2 bucks. Usually, I'd say stick it in your #$%%@ ... but if it comes up short at the end of the night, the driver has to pay... no the organisation. If you rip the driver off, you're stealing his or her wages, that should be punishable by death.

Ohh, that reminds me. Idiots who blame the driver for the food being late. If the foods late, nine times out of ten it's the kitchens fault for A, not getting the order in on time or B, giving the driver too many deliveries at once to do and telling them which ones to do first. The driver usually does his or her best, to get the order to you within the constraints they're facing (unless you're willing to cop the demerit points and the fine).

People who say "Can you take this off, but add this" < No, extras are extra's whether you take something off the pizza or not. I'm sorry, but this is how the *$%^#%# system works. If you #%# with it, the universe will explode.

People who give you a hundred dollar bill, for something like 10.10. < You will burn in the depths of Hell. Do you really expect the driver to carry around 90 bucks in change, for you ?

People, Delivery driving is probably one of the more unappreciated jobs. People have to understand, drivers get pretty #$# pay, and they're giving up their night (usually a thursday, friday or saturday night, so something sociable) so they can get a wage. Show them a bit more appreciation. Nine times out of ten the driver will be nice to you, either because they want a tip, or they are just genuinely nice. If you get a rude one, feel free to ignore my above rant... but most cases, the driver will be an ok kind of a person. If they weren't, they'd be out making four times as much, in half the time, dealing drugs.

The job isn't that good, the pay isn't that good. The work isn't that intellectually stimulating. Don't do it .

Last edited:

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
I don't usually do this as I'm a fairly good natured person most of the time, but its time for a rant...

Its specific to work, but applies to all who do some sort of delivery work, ie. couriers. The past week at work has been pretty busy and have had quite a few deliveries to do, however these deliveries didn't go with out their problems. I had alot of difficulty finding two specific addresses because of 1) there are no numbers on the letterboxes or fence; 2) there is poor lighting, either due to street lamps or lack of, and tight arse morons who don't turn their front porch lights on; 3) The address is not easily visible as it is tucked away behind another residence and the customer has failed to tell you this, then telling you when you get the door, 'oh youve been here before, so you should know where it is!' Bull****, just because we have delivered there before, doesn't mean I've been there before! We have more than just one driver you tool! 4) Customers who give you their phone number and when you try to call it, its either busy, rings right through, or the phone is turned off. We ask for your number so we can call you just in case there is a problem, such as having difficulty finding the address, or we're running late because its busy, therefore delaying the arrival of their order and them wondering why the order is late and abuse you. Well **** you too, I did try to call you, not just once several times, yet you didn't anser your bloody phone!!! 5) People who take forever to answer the door. Once I sat outside for 10mins, ringing the bell, knocking on the door and windows, calling them but to no avail. They only by chance heard me knocking when they walked past the front door. Geeze people, if your expecting a delivery then keep an ear out for the door bell!!! Lucky it wasn't busy that night; 6) Drunken idiots forgetting that they ordered pizza and bugger off somewhere else

[/rant]

I needed to get that out of my system... **** I hate my job for that reason. gggrrr... Anyone know of any part time work available somewhere?

Andy :mad:

sounds as bad as driving a cab!

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
tried to order a pizza from some pizza shop in footscray, melbourne, years ago.
young bloke at the front said 'shop closing we have finished for the night'.

his boss heard him, then yelled out from up the back: 'we never turn customer away, make him one'

I then had the best pizza of my life, for free!

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
I alwayz tip delivery drivers AT LEAST $5 :angel:

Now ive got a good rep at the store........ my pizzas are alwayz on time and not crappily made, the drivers are alwayz good peepz juss trying to earn a crust (no punn intended.... well mayb a little) and $5 aint gonna break the budget but makes pplz feel apreciated.

Juss my 2c

badger__rox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VnExecutive
I don't usually do this as I'm a fairly good natured person most of the time, but its time for a rant...

Its specific to work, but applies to all who do some sort of delivery work, ie. couriers. The past week at work has been pretty busy and have had quite a few deliveries to do, however these deliveries didn't go with out their problems. I had alot of difficulty finding two specific addresses because of 1) there are no numbers on the letterboxes or fence; 2) there is poor lighting, either due to street lamps or lack of, and tight arse morons who don't turn their front porch lights on; 3) The address is not easily visible as it is tucked away behind another residence and the customer has failed to tell you this, then telling you when you get the door, 'oh youve been here before, so you should know where it is!' Bull****, just because we have delivered there before, doesn't mean I've been there before! We have more than just one driver you tool! 4) Customers who give you their phone number and when you try to call it, its either busy, rings right through, or the phone is turned off. We ask for your number so we can call you just in case there is a problem, such as having difficulty finding the address, or we're running late because its busy, therefore delaying the arrival of their order and them wondering why the order is late and abuse you. Well **** you too, I did try to call you, not just once several times, yet you didn't anser your bloody phone!!! 5) People who take forever to answer the door. Once I sat outside for 10mins, ringing the bell, knocking on the door and windows, calling them but to no avail. They only by chance heard me knocking when they walked past the front door. Geeze people, if your expecting a delivery then keep an ear out for the door bell!!! Lucky it wasn't busy that night; 6) Drunken idiots forgetting that they ordered pizza and bugger off somewhere else

[/rant]

I needed to get that out of my system... **** I hate my job for that reason. gggrrr... Anyone know of any part time work available somewhere?

Andy :mad:

thrifty car rentals have a few open jobs in car detailing cause the bloke keeps giving them the ass cause they keep smashing cars around the car park.. lol. we told him if you pay peanuts you get monkeys..
so if ya good at parking n like cleaning cars theres a job for ya