Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Astra remote key wanted.

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
I am after the top half of a TS astra key (or complete key) The remote does not work and locksmith said the electronics need replacing, key number 770. Dealer wants more to replace the remote than the value of car LOL.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I am after the top half of a TS astra key (or complete key) The remote does not work and locksmith said the electronics need replacing, key number 770. Dealer wants more to replace the remote than the value of car LOL.
Electronics or battery?
If battery, get a ebay key fob shell, a battery from jay car, pull your existing fob apart, take the electronics out of old fob & put in new fob. The battery will be welded in to the old battery. Not soldered. The battery from jay car has a wire joiner (can't remember the proper name for it) on it. Add a wire joiner for the wire from electronics & clip to battery. Assemble the key fob & use your old key on new fob.
Be careful when disassembling old fob. Not easy.
Locksmith needs a working fob to copy from old to new fob.
If you are going to try this fix, check with jay car for availability of battery.
The complete fobs from ebay still need to be programmed.
Without a working fob, thats where it gets expensive to program the new fob.
Hope this is of help.

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
Electronics or battery?
If battery, get a ebay key fob shell, a battery from jay car, pull your existing fob apart, take the electronics out of old fob & put in new fob. The battery will be welded in to the old battery. Not soldered. The battery from jay car has a wire joiner (can't remember the proper name for it) on it. Add a wire joiner for the wire from electronics & clip to battery. Assemble the key fob & use your old key on new fob.
Be careful when disassembling old fob. Not easy.
Locksmith needs a working fob to copy from old to new fob.
If you are going to try this fix, check with jay car for availability of battery.
The complete fobs from ebay still need to be programmed.
Without a working fob, thats where it gets expensive to program the new fob.
Hope this is of help.

Thanks Lex, I find the battery holder (square black plastic) has broken away from the circuit board ?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has the battery still have charge?
Are the connections still on battery?
If circuit board is not damaged you could glue or epoxy it back in?

Yesterday l checked jaycar for battery. https://www.jaycar.com.au/cr2032-vc-3v-pcb-mounting-lithium-coin-battery/p/SB1762
These ones you solder.
I'm about to put new battery into a new case. I ordered the case yesterday & get a battery today or in a couple of days.

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
Has the battery still have charge?
Are the connections still on battery?
If circuit board is not damaged you could glue or epoxy it back in?

Yesterday l checked jaycar for battery. https://www.jaycar.com.au/cr2032-vc-3v-pcb-mounting-lithium-coin-battery/p/SB1762
These ones you solder.
I'm about to put new battery into a new case. I ordered the case yesterday & get a battery today or in a couple of days.

Lex, lets know how you go? I looked at the Jaycar ones and did not think they would suit the Astra?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi
Just waiting for the shell to turn up. Maybe tomorrow or Wed.
Battery is cr 2032. That is what came out of mine. Yours maybe different?
This photo is the battery (cr 2032) l got from jaycar last week.

Attachments

• 20140108_193237[1].jpg
    20140108_193237[1].jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
Lex, Yes that battery is the same as mine but when I showed Jaycar the shell they said that their battery holder was too big to fit? AL.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you ordered & received your shell from ebay? If so, is ebay shell the same as your old shell?
Have you disassembled your old shell? If so, what is the old battery? Is it a cr 2032?
Also you don't want their (jaycar) battery holder.
Have you looked at any utube clips? If not, here is a link. This will give you a idea of what you have to do?
I've looked at 2 utube clips, one was for astra, that battery was a cr 2025. The other clip was vauxhill zaffira (english astra?). that battery was a cr 2032.
Anyway have a look. It will give you a better understanding of what you have to do. There are a lot clips on the subject.
There are more clips you can choose from, once there.
Hope this helps. Lex
Looking at these clips, yours will be a lot easier than mine to re shell.
Also look at the re-syncing of the fob. It may help.

Last edited: